Wigan squad for Huddersfield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Wigan squad for Huddersfield

Post by medlocke »

Powell?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

moto748 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:45 am Just watching the scores back on Wigan TV, that second try was so nicely worked, and Bibby's took a bit of scoring too, so well done to him.
I have just got around to doing the same and that second try was but they were all pretty good especially given the conditions. The coverage also shows that forward pass in the build up to Hudds first try - a mile forward.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

DaveO wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:30 pm
moto748 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:45 am Just watching the scores back on Wigan TV, that second try was so nicely worked, and Bibby's took a bit of scoring too, so well done to him.
I have just got around to doing the same and that second try was but they were all pretty good especially given the conditions. The coverage also shows that forward pass in the build up to Hudds first try - a mile forward.
It was a mile forward like many more. I know refs have a difficult job but by any standards last nights was poor he missed or let go loads of things.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah they didn't make that much of it at the time, but it looked forward in real time, and no better on replay. You win some, you lose some, with them, I suppose. Powell's first try was pretty dubious, after all. But forward passes are much more about the touchie than the ref.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

We looked very good in the first 20 minutes or so.
Field went OK at 6 while Cust was off for his HIA.
Tommy MoM for me, KPP continues to develop.
Hudds will upset some teams this season I think.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:23 am Hudds will upset some teams this season I think.
I thought this at match, although not plain sailing we comfortably beat Hull KR and Leeds, vs Huddersfield I never quite felt we had the game tied up until the last 5-10 min. Huddersfield are rather large side so it was good to see us keep up the defence. I know it's only round 3 but I can see Huddersfield being top 4 if the clean up some errors, they play hard and fast while throwing the ball a bit.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I watched the game back on Wigan TV last night, and I was less impressed then with Hudds than I was live at the game. They are a big side, all right, but their end of sets was pretty appalling. Plenty of room for improvement in them, and in us too.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:00 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:23 am Hudds will upset some teams this season I think.
I thought this at match, although not plain sailing we comfortably beat Hull KR and Leeds, vs Huddersfield I never quite felt we had the game tied up until the last 5-10 min. Huddersfield are rather large side so it was good to see us keep up the defence. I know it's only round 3 but I can see Huddersfield being top 4 if the clean up some errors, they play hard and fast while throwing the ball a bit.
I never thought wigan would lose but I agree Huddersfield are by far the best team wigan have faced this season a d they weren't firing on all cylinders yet
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

moto748 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:04 pm I watched the game back on Wigan TV last night, and I was less impressed then with Hudds than I was live at the game. They are a big side, all right, but their end of sets was pretty appalling. Plenty of room for improvement in them, and in us too.
I thought both their 2 tries were from forward passes as was Batemans pass from Tommy.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah their first try was dubious, but the one in the second half looked a mile forward.