RIP Inga!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: RIP Inga!

Post by DaveO »

southportcdm wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:00 pm I agree with the previous comments about the minutes silence but, as I stood there head bowed with a tear in my eye, I would have really loved to be able to applaud, cheer and shout the name of such a great player and wonderful person. We all loved and respected Inga but we should have been celebrating his contribution to the club in a way that he'd have enjoyed. RIP big man.
Perhaps the club can put something together to celebrate his time here? The minutes silence was perfect in my opinion and perfectly observed. I really don’t like the “minutes applause” idea that sprang up a while back. It’s a somber occasion and needs to be treated as such showing respect. The celebration can come later and I’d love to see the club put together something to do that.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

A big man with a even bigger heart. R.I.P. Inga.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:42 pm
southportcdm wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:00 pm I agree with the previous comments about the minutes silence but, as I stood there head bowed with a tear in my eye, I would have really loved to be able to applaud, cheer and shout the name of such a great player and wonderful person. We all loved and respected Inga but we should have been celebrating his contribution to the club in a way that he'd have enjoyed. RIP big man.
Perhaps the club can put something together to celebrate his time here? The minutes silence was perfect in my opinion and perfectly observed. I really don’t like the “minutes applause” idea that sprang up a while back. It’s a somber occasion and needs to be treated as such showing respect. The celebration can come later and I’d love to see the club put together something to do that.
I don’t like the minutes applause either & I actually think it’s disrespectful! I never do it preferring to do the minutes silence, even if I may be on my own 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Was an icon both on, and perhaps more importantly, off the field with his inspiration and gentle manner, that gave Jason Robinson a new and better direction in life.
Like others have mentioned, I hope the club can put something in place to celebrate his time with us.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

My dad had Tuigamala 2 on his shirt… as it were, I had Robinson 2 on my shirt as a kid… I remember my parents arguing because dad was like “he was number two the other day” 😂

A player who to this dad prompts memories and simple YouTube searches to remember a minute of his magic.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Like all the greats, I feel fortunate to have have seen him playing live, if only a few times,
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

I concur with all the sentiments addressed to the passing of a wonderful rugby player and family man. A minute silence showing our respect and I would equally have shown my respect by applause cheer and the a vocal acclaim of the players name following the silence all appropriate ways manifesting appreciation and respectful response to his contribution to Wigan Warriors. In particular and World sport generally. RIP!