Saints prediction

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
NICKYKISS

Re: Saints prediction

Post by NICKYKISS »

jobo wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:03 pm Bookies are giving Wigan 7.5 points start, which would imo, be around a 16 point start if Lomax wasn't injured.

Think in this game it'll depend on how we deal with Roby.

O'Neill, Smith and Elliss will have to be bang on defensively.
It was an 8.5 start when Bet365 put their odds up after the draw and Saints had Dodd and Lomax at that point. Woolf seems to be hinting Lomax might be ok but we’ll see.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

NICKYKISS wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:14 pm
jobo wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:03 pm Bookies are giving Wigan 7.5 points start, which would imo, be around a 16 point start if Lomax wasn't injured.

It was an 8.5 start when Bet365 put their odds up after the draw and Saints had Dodd and Lomax at that point. Woolf seems to be hinting Lomax might be ok but we’ll see.
Off course he’ll be ok 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

If lomax plays and I think he will. Need to run at him all day because he won’t be 100%. Defensively would help if our wingers would hug the touch lines to stop welsby throwing those cut out passes and the centres stop shooting out of the line. We need to start well and get some points on the board and hope saints start to panic. We can do it but need to be squeaky clean with no penalties.
jobo

Post by jobo »

NICKYKISS wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:14 pm

Only looked at the odds for the first time yesterday. I've had a punt on Wigan with 7.5 start so if Lomax does play, might ask for my money back 😉
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Personally my tactics would be trying to take some gas out the tank of saints. The game can be won if we play smart. When Walmsley is on the field id be kicking long on tackle 3 or 4 - keep turning him around make him run more than he wants to.

Everything Lomax et al does comes off the back of that quick ruck speed and they get that with tight runs by their big props who hit the ground on their front and fast play to roby who can scoot or play. Slowing them down is key but giving 6 again will kill us so need to be smart about it.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
boggart

Post by boggart »

I definitely think we have the means to beat Saints. Both players and tactics. It'll be a hell of a game. Decided in the last 10 minutes.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Graham1 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:23 am If lomax plays and I think he will. Need to run at him all day because he won’t be 100%. Defensively would help if our wingers would hug the touch lines to stop welsby throwing those cut out passes and the centres stop shooting out of the line. We need to start well and get some points on the board and hope saints start to panic. We can do it but need to be squeaky clean with no penalties.
You cannot just say “wingers hug the touchlines”. What happens if that creates a huge gap between the wingers and centres?

It’s all about numbering up in defence and having an effective sliding defence when needed.

When sliding, you defend your outside shoulder, that does become difficult when people shoot out the line as you are likely to be in two minds about defending inside and outside.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Saints will do a Real Madrid and snatch a win irrespective of Lomax playing or not. Sorry plaYmates
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Yep totally agree it’s all about sliding across. But the wingers have got to be aware of the cut out pass which saints wingers usually get their tries. Happened a lot on Good Friday with Makinson going down the touch line unopposed but if lomax is out injured with a bit of luck Welsby won’t get into the position to throw the pass. With Dodd and Lomax out our chances look much better. Fingers crossed.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Well i called it and guess what? I predicted the exact score……. Didnt put any money on it though so tough t@&@ ies lol……. Not bothered as im in my element now
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE