disciplinary

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Re: disciplinary

Post by the pieman »

culinator wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:19 am Im surprised i havent seen anyone mention the Refs decision about the injured players on the ground.
It frustrated me at the time.

Wigan player injured on ground, play carries on, almost over the top of said injured player.

Hudds player injured on ground not as close to the play and Ref stops the play.
if you watch when Hill went down, he actually got up and walked back into the defensive line to go back to ground, sort of forcing the refs hand as he was then more interfering with play

i dont know the answer, but it used to be it was only head / serious injury that play stopped for, has that changed?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mickw wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:25 am
the pieman wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:31 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 5:17 pm The charges for Morgan are both for a high tackle but one is a grade C 2 match ban & grade B 2 match
ban!!!

Why?? Two different grades?
they'll be looking at intent etc

for me, the first one catches Greenwood, but looked like he was trying to dislodge the ball - penalty, but nowt else. Ref wasnt giving anything until the Hudds players started waving their arms
2nd one, swinging arm, but bit of slap across the chops, credit to Leutele for just getting up and making nothing of it. Current rules, probably worth the 2 games, but not much more

Singleton knee to head (may just have been an accident) looked at ref nothing, Faz nothing, so why did he stop and take notice of the Hudds players?
listen Cust told Child that saints players where in front the kicker for Saints second try in the semi which was true ,Child decided to ignore him and the cameras and just give a try ,why.Why would any half decent official do such a thing, it was clearly a wrong decision in a big game,yet Ganson rewards him with the final, Why?
It’s obvious.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

the pieman wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 7:57 am

and as for milking of the penalties, it needs to be stopped now. I hate football and stopped watching it years ago, because i genuinely believe that they are overpaid, and there is too much diving / cheating in the game, and that completely turned me off from watching games week in week out, to wont watch it if is was played in my front garden. It is starting to creep into RL, and i dont like it. I'm not naive enough to think that things havent gone on in the past to gain an advantage, but i dont believe that players feined injury i.e holding head, neck etc just to get the refs attention and get a penalty or player sent off
I stopped watching football after the 1966 World Cup!

When I lived in Aberdeen there wasn’t much RL on tv so I was sort of relegated to watching RU & football when I couldn’t get down to Central Park to watch a live game. Thank God it didn’t happen too often 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

The incident when Singleton was kneed in the head by one of Giants, which was non accidently, was not picked by Child. So Watson should make sure his boys are squeaky clean.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

PF Warrior wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:03 pm The incident when Singleton was kneed in the head by one of Giants, which was non accidently, was not picked by Child. So Watson should make sure his boys are squeaky clean.
They were in the 2nd half, not one penalty conceeded just the one 6 again call , Hmm.
Wigan pens conceeded , 1 Obstruction, 4 Offside, 3 High Tackles
Hudds pens, 2 Offside, 1 ball steal