Wigan Warriors’ Kai Pearce-Paul reportedly in for sensational swap deal

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Wigan Warriors’ Kai Pearce-Paul reportedly in for sensational swap deal

Post by josie andrews »

Fujiman wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:46 pm Click bait headline.
That’s exactly what Bevan said to me tonight when I asked if he was going to Hull!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:04 pm I would Imagine that any player that truly wants the challenge of playing in the greatest league in the world would do so on a low a wage if that was their number one goal in life, but sadly, all they seem to be bothered about is money.

I await all the usual "It's a short career, I don't blame them" type of comments from the usual suspects
He has two internationals in front of him for second row at Wigan!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
PJC

Post by PJC »

Someone said that agents are the problem. I totally agree. The agent wants more money. A player is about to end a contract. A rumour is started that he is wanted elsewhere. The player goes and the agent gets a cut. The player might stay getting this time a higher wage. The agent again benefits. He can’t lose.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

If the lad wants to leave at the end of his contract then that is fine by me.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’m not posting another post reiterating the same thing just highlighting some sound bites from Matt Peet in answer to the rumours regarding KPP
And, Toohey even believed that a swap deal or transfer fee could be imminent, tweeting: “One or the other both possible.”

However, Wigan head coach Matt Peet has addressed rumours of a move away.

“The only update I can really give is, next year he is contracted and will be a Wigan player,” Peet told Wigan Today.

“He is 100 percent with us, and that’s the one thing in our control at the moment.

“The fact is he’s under contract and that won’t change.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wigan-wa ... eal-54374/
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I may have got this muddled up, but there is a big centre/winger at Newcastle called Dom Young who has raw talent and a lot of it. He is also English, so no quota issues. Given our strength in depth elsewhere I would take that swap if offered.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:44 pm I may have got this muddled up, but there is a big centre/winger at Newcastle called Dom Young who has raw talent and a lot of it. He is also English, so no quota issues. Given our strength in depth elsewhere I would take that swap if offered.
No your right……. They want KPP….. so they should pay a transfer fee and we get young……. Fairs fair as we aint pushing for it
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:50 pm I’m not posting another post reiterating the same thing just highlighting some sound bites from Matt Peet in answer to the rumours regarding KPP
And, Toohey even believed that a swap deal or transfer fee could be imminent, tweeting: “One or the other both possible.”

However, Wigan head coach Matt Peet has addressed rumours of a move away.

“The only update I can really give is, next year he is contracted and will be a Wigan player,” Peet told Wigan Today.

“He is 100 percent with us, and that’s the one thing in our control at the moment.

“The fact is he’s under contract and that won’t change.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/wigan-wa ... eal-54374/

In fairness he's not going to say anything else is he?

He can hardly say "Yeah, he may be under contract but his heart isn't in it and we probably should let him go"

Not exactly going to up the potential transfer fee!

Imo KPP should go asap if he wants to. Don't upset the applecart, and hopefully we get a fee.

He is unproven imo and it won't be a great loss for us. The Aussies don't really care as they have the resources/salary cap to take a punt on a player with "potential".

FWIW I think he will get found out big style in Australia. When he inevitably comes back to the UK we should have a "no thanks" sign on our door.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Agree with the above, a lot of KPP is potential at the moment so I’d rather him leave now than when he’s an established part of the team, especially if we can get Young/money
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:50 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:44 pm I may have got this muddled up, but there is a big centre/winger at Newcastle called Dom Young who has raw talent and a lot of it. He is also English, so no quota issues. Given our strength in depth elsewhere I would take that swap if offered.
No your right……. They want KPP….. so they should pay a transfer fee and we get young……. Fairs fair as we aint pushing for it
Has anyone ask Young if he actually wants to leave Australia and if so join Wigan?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."