Brad O’Neill

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Brad O’Neill

Post by josie andrews »

Why don’t we give all the team a shot at 9! 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

13 dummy Halves. There must be one that can scoot . Good plan lol
2002 and EW is hooked
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Maybe a shout for Pinder or Forber?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:02 pm Why don’t we give all the team a shot at 9! 🤨
But what if he was more amazing at 9 than any other position, his speed of the mark and magical footwork could be amazing then again he could be as bad as, don't know until you give it a whirl
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Cust at 9 and Jai at 6 with Shorrocks on the bench as a back up if it doesn't work or Cust needs a break. Although I've been impressed with Jai's defence this season, defending at 9 involves a much greater workload than at 1 or even 6. Cust has played at 9 and it could be a good shout assuming that his arm/elbow is up to the task.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Is Tommy not ready yet
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Hmm, not sure how the panel will go, Brad lifted his hands into the referee but the referee took a couple of steps backwards into Brad. When will we know?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

i cannot understand why anyone thinks shorrocks at 9 is such a good idea - cos he can tackle? is that literally the only requirement of a wigan 9?

Wigan seem to show the same disregard to 9 as they do to centres at times

Cust is the most obviously is neither are available id like to see how we went with Cust at 9 i think he is probably the most suited to 9 in the team at the moment
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:36 am i cannot understand why anyone thinks shorrocks at 9 is such a good idea - cos he can tackle? is that literally the only requirement of a wigan 9?

Wigan seem to show the same disregard to 9 as they do to centres at times

Cust is the most obviously is neither are available id like to see how we went with Cust at 9 i think he is probably the most suited to 9 in the team at the moment
Shorrocks has been tried at 9 and looked poor, time to try Cust or Forber who has looked good for Newcastle Thunder.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:17 am Hmm, not sure how the panel will go, Brad lifted his hands into the referee but the referee took a couple of steps backwards into Brad. When will we know?
he would have gotten a bigger ban if he hadnt lifted his arms as it would have been a shoulder charge :) :) :)

on a serious note though, the whole thing is a farce

Player in defensive line, watching the play flow. Ref in the line, moving backwards and watching play
Player accidently bumps into ref, both move on with no incident only for it to be deemed a bannable offence

if thats the standard there are at least 2 others that need to be looked at from the weekend. I have seen a clip of one of the Leeds players knocking into the ref when they scored and i've seen a comment that LMS was up for disciplinary for touching the ref (not seen it though)