Cooper injury

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
NICKYKISS

Re: Cooper injury

Post by NICKYKISS »

If you could get Satae back in the form of a couple of years ago he’d be a no brainer. It feels a realistic one with just how poor Hull are at the minute. He’s a decent age as well at 30, so will have at least 2/3 years in the tank. His first team NRL career was pretty much non existent, so there can’t be too much mileage on the clock.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

NICKYKISS wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:28 am Sometimes lads just don’t want it enough and I think that’s Mago to a tee. He seems a nice lad, laid back and the sort of character the players all like to be around but he’s just so lax in everything he does. He doesn’t look like he’s ever worked hard enough off the field to get himself in better shape and on the field he’s just so dopey. He plays like he’s half asleep most of the time and the errors he makes are so lazy/sloppy. The natural attributes of size, power and skill are obviously there but it’s the things you can’t coach that he lacks. He must be such a frustrating player for a coach to deal with.

As and when he gets another chance this season you’d hope to see a totally different character because he’s playing for his career but I just don’t think he’s got it in him. I’d love to be proved wrong.
Is mago this years Frank Paul the wrecking ball?
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:43 am
NICKYKISS wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:28 am Sometimes lads just don’t want it enough and I think that’s Mago to a tee. He seems a nice lad, laid back and the sort of character the players all like to be around but he’s just so lax in everything he does. He doesn’t look like he’s ever worked hard enough off the field to get himself in better shape and on the field he’s just so dopey. He plays like he’s half asleep most of the time and the errors he makes are so lazy/sloppy. The natural attributes of size, power and skill are obviously there but it’s the things you can’t coach that he lacks. He must be such a frustrating player for a coach to deal with.

As and when he gets another chance this season you’d hope to see a totally different character because he’s playing for his career but I just don’t think he’s got it in him. I’d love to be proved wrong.
Is mago this years Frank Paul the wrecking ball?
FPN came with a big rep and a higher salary I’d imagine, so Mago isn’t as big a flop in some ways (although FPN was fine for a few months in 2016). The sad thing with Mago is that there’s a player there but how many chances do you give him? One may come his way this Friday if Singleton is banned, so you’d like to think you’ll see a lad with some desperation but I’ve lost faith that he has any.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Cooper is out for the season.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:01 pm Cooper is out for the season.
Where have you heard this?

Link please
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Shevvylad

Post by Shevvylad »

I spoke to FPN once, and he told me that under Wane he was under strict instructions to go to ground at first contact every take up for a quick ptb. This was alien to Frank's game, but consistent with what we know about Wane's philosophy. It was never going to work, and was a waste of a great signing in my opinion....
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

Correct. He’s facing a long spell on the sidelines and the tribunal will be taking this into account when they consider Knowles punishment.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_ITK wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:04 pm
Correct. He’s facing a long spell on the sidelines and the tribunal will be taking this into account when they consider Knowles punishment.
Yes I’ve seen it in the Disciplinary thread now 😊 https://www.totalrl.com/why-st-helens-s ... ke-cooper/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Not seen anything official so no links but the word seems to be bad re Cooper, season ending as it's a 12month job. It's on several of media platforms but from fans.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wigan_ITK wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:04 pm
12 months for Cooper, a lot less for Knowles!