Wigan squad for Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
NICKYKISS

Re: Wigan squad for Wakefield

Post by NICKYKISS »

It’s not really about rests for me, it’s more about getting guys like Hill and Nsemba a chance to play first team and ready them for what could be more games in the coming weeks (we’re one injury/suspension in the pack away from them playing now). If we don’t do that against Wakey, when do we? You respect all your opponents but let’s be honest here, if we play those 2 and we lose, it’s will all be on the teams general attitude and not because we rested a couple of players.

I’m assuming Faz plays for England next week, so he’d be one I’d rest. I’d also pick Havard for England next week, so he’d be the other I’d give the week off but you could make a case for Isa or Powell getting a rest, given that their faces are absolutely battered.
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Whatever’s the score in a victory today ours and wires points difference is very similar and they play them at home after the break with most of their squad back we need to run up a good score today
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

NICKYKISS wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:38 am It’s not really about rests for me, it’s more about getting guys like Hill and Nsemba a chance to play first team and ready them for what could be more games in the coming weeks (we’re one injury/suspension in the pack away from them playing now). If we don’t do that against Wakey, when do we? You respect all your opponents but let’s be honest here, if we play those 2 and we lose, it’s will all be on the teams general attitude and not because we rested a couple of players.

I’m assuming Faz plays for England next week, so he’d be one I’d rest. I’d also pick Havard for England next week, so he’d be the other I’d give the week off but you could make a case for Isa or Powell getting a rest, given that their faces are absolutely battered.
I think thats bang on, introduce Hill when we can and not when we have to in a bigger game. I'd only rest those carrying knocks including Marshy if he his still suffering from the cut on his foot. Interesting that Eckersley is in the squad ahead of Thornley.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

widdenoldboy wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:58 am
NICKYKISS wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:38 am It’s not really about rests for me, it’s more about getting guys like Hill and Nsemba a chance to play first team and ready them for what could be more games in the coming weeks (we’re one injury/suspension in the pack away from them playing now). If we don’t do that against Wakey, when do we? You respect all your opponents but let’s be honest here, if we play those 2 and we lose, it’s will all be on the teams general attitude and not because we rested a couple of players.

I think thats bang on, introduce Hill when we can and not when we have to in a bigger game. I'd only rest those carrying knocks including Marshy if he his still suffering from the cut on his foot. Interesting that Eckersley is in the squad ahead of Thornley.
Yes its odd picking eckersley in front of him.The lads been playing well but is thornley injured? It wouldnt suprise me
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

I see it's just Hill and Nsemba in the 17. A conservative but sensible choice, I'd say.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 2:03 pm I see it's just Hill and Nsemba in the 17. A conservative but sensible choice, I'd say.
Cool - alarms gone off - now lets crack on with the game :)
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

18-0 at half time barely out of first gear. Best part has been Harry Smith knocking over 2 touchline conversions
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Glad to be proven wrong, c'mon Wigan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Not a great game but job done.We could and should have scored a lot more but seemed to kick when easy passes were on.My only whinge was the isa sin binning when i thought it was a cracking tacle( just what is a player supposed to do when he hits a player midrift and knocks him off his feer?).Wardle and smithies my best two and the new lads looked decent.Hill especially looks hard to put down.We will defo need another prop asap as mago was taking the ball in flat which disappointed me
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Nsemba and Hill looked good.

Mago was poor again.

Bit flat all round but job done - top of the league!