Re-branding of the DW

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
morley pie eater

Re: Re-branding of the DW

Post by morley pie eater »

Maurice?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wow some of them comment from Latic fans.

Working together is a none starter because we hate them and they hate us..

It's stupid working together benefits everyone. I dislike football in general but have no ill will towards Latics people need to get over it.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:41 pm Wow some of them comment from Latic fans.

It's stupid working together benefits everyone. I dislike football in general but have no ill will towards Latics people need to get over it.
Its funny. I think they're more angry that we don't actually hate them at all, than they would be if we did. Its this kind of dismissive ambivalence that winds them up I think.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:45 pm
bertina wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:30 am
medlocke wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:07 pm Is Whelans statue going or has it already moved?
Sooner the better !!
WHY? What's he done wrong.
It should stay for me. I am totally against statues being pulled down.
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:10 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:45 pm
bertina wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:30 am Sooner the better !!
WHY? What's he done wrong.
It should stay for me. I am totally against statues being pulled down.
Yes, me too.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I agree. What good would it do?
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Pulling it down would just fuel the fire 🔥 imo.

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:41 pm Wow some of them comment from Latic fans.

I looked on the latics forum to see what there thoughts on new start was I can't believe what I was reading the sheer vitriolic vile comments not by one but by many posting on there. We are fat bastard egg chasing cuckoos. Whose kids go round stadium breaking windows and causing damage. I am a proud wigganer who watches both teams and when younger never missed a latics and wigan game home and away. So to see such vile stuff really makes me sad. There are also a couple of posters on there that in my eyes are actually inciting both violence and criminal damage to Billy Boston's statue should DW statue be removed. What the hell is it got to do with wigan rl and BB. what THERE CLUB OWNER does with his land. The latics site is obviously not under any kind of guidelines due to this sheer language and hatred portrayed on there. WE ARE 2 DIFFERENT SPORTS TEAMS IN SAME TOWN FOR GOD'S SAKE. We should be proud of that and stand by each other sadly looking on that site for the last time I may add. It won't happen in my lifetime and at a loss to know why😔😔
Miry Lane Casuals

Post by Miry Lane Casuals »

Not all Latics fans are as hostile to the rugby. There are voices of reason on that Latics Speyk. I think it's a vocal minority with a few hangers on that's making most of the noise. I think some are trying way too hard to convince others what top Latics men they are. Insecurity lies at the very heart of it.

As for DW's statue. I have no problem with it. It's a joint stadium and it marks their finest hour. I've no real problem with Whelan either. Maybe Boston's statue should be moved to the ground? That's an absolute beauty of a statue.

The stadium rebranding is a positive move. I like the images on the 2 West Stand banners. Hopefully we get the same on the concourses. Maybe commission some murals to brighten the place up.

Let us go forward together !
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:43 am

I looked on the latics forum to see what there thoughts on new start was I can't believe what I was reading the sheer vitriolic vile comments not by one but by many posting on there. We are fat bastard egg chasing cuckoos. Whose kids go round stadium breaking windows and causing damage. I am a proud wigganer who watches both teams and when younger never missed a latics and wigan game home and away. So to see such vile stuff really makes me sad. There are also a couple of posters on there that in my eyes are actually inciting both violence and criminal damage to Billy Boston's statue should DW statue be removed. What the hell is it got to do with wigan rl and BB. what THERE CLUB OWNER does with his land. The latics site is obviously not under any kind of guidelines due to this sheer language and hatred portrayed on there. WE ARE 2 DIFFERENT SPORTS TEAMS IN SAME TOWN FOR GOD'S SAKE. We should be proud of that and stand by each other sadly looking on that site for the last time I may add. It won't happen in my lifetime and at a loss to know why😔😔
Many Latics fans hate us. Against that background, it disappoints me when our politicians cozy up to them.
I would support any Wiganers in any walk of life, save for Latics (do they ever even have Wigan born players?) - I couldn’t care less whether they are in the premier league or non league again.
All that matters to me is that we get to play our games when we want, and can run our club successfully.