Millward sacked - Post Here

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
waterside glens

Re: millward sacked

Post by waterside glens »

i would like lammy in but our situation does not lend itself to bringing in someone lacking experience. i wonder will we get a big turn round now which would say that the players didn,t want to play for millie,which i find quite sad as that would mean they didn,t care about the club or the fans
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Ray French was on BBC 24 talking about the sacking. He said that the club has a habit of sacking coaches quickly but also that Chris Anderson is in the country at the time.

Seems like the guy we should have had after Betts could be the next coach or victim.
Kat

Post by Kat »

I think it's ******* disgraceful how he's been sacked! Does the club never learn, that sacking the coach hasn't worked before, so won't now? Time to get rid of MO!!!

No swearing please - Fraggle
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Lam and Faz would be great.

Well there was alot commenting that the players were not happy playing for Millward, so it will be interesting to see if they play better.
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

WiganWarrior posted:
Lam and Faz would be great.

Well there was alot commenting that the players were not happy playing for Millward, so it will be interesting to see if they play better.
Thats a good point. If we turn a good performance in Friday then we will know. Though we could get hammered but if there is an improvement then player power defintley prevailied.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

My shout for coach would be Brian Smith.He has turned around every club he has ever coached (although failed to collect silverware!)

Fantastic at Hull and started the Bradford revival and also brought through their next coach in Matt Elliot.

But would he come! As stated by Geoff on numerous occaisions it is the most precarious job in world rugby (both codes)
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

These are very sad times indeed..... :eusa10:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
munchkin

Post by munchkin »

Come on its got to be faz! please please please please. But i think theres more to this than meets the eye, they could sack milward at any time so why three days before one of the biggests games wigan have? There's got to be someone lined up all ready :exc:
heydude

Post by heydude »

Doveoverdave posted:
My shout for coach would be Brian Smith.He has turned around every club he has ever coached (although failed to collect silverware!)

Fantastic at Hull and started the Bradford revival and also brought through their next coach in Matt Elliot.

But would he come! As stated by Geoff on numerous occaisions it is the most precarious job in world rugby (both codes)
sorry dave but brian smith is to coach newcastle next season so michael hagan can take up his coaching role at parramatta bit like wife swap but with coaches instead. :D
don't eat yellow snow
sadact

Re: Millward sacked - Post Her...

Post by sadact »

About time. He was never the right man for the Warriors and things went downhill the minute he took over.I just hope that sufficient thought is given to find his successor.