GOOD THINGS TO TAKE FROM TODAY

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mean Dean

Re: GOOD THINGS TO TAKE FR...

Post by Mean Dean »

Thet get paid very well for total s**t performances week in week out if i want to boo them after i have paid my money i bloody well will and i urge others to do the same.
steve_oh

Post by steve_oh »

Someone on the message board got a right pasting last week for daring to suggest that O'Loughlin doesn't cut it.
Well add me to the (growing i think) minority who believe that he and Tickle, to name 2 main culprits, have just not had their hearts in it all season.
The worst thing IMO that you can say about a pro sports star is 'He's not trying 100%'. Now many of our players you can call crap,incompetent,short of confidence if you like but there are just 1 or 2 who just dont seem to be trying 100% and it only takes 1 or 2 at this level to make the whole team look really bad.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I sat amongst the Quins fans today in the East stand and they showed more passion for their team than ours, they only had around 25-30 supporters as well! Gone are the days when we cheer every 2 minutes due to another point on the board, all it is now is at first singing and "come on wigan!" > "ffs moran!" > general verbal abbuse to the players.
Today was the first time this season, i think, wigan fans boo'ed and i didnt like it. We even boo'ed during play when wigan stood still and let Quins run inside and out. Booing isnt good but, i'll admit, it is perhaps needed to give not the lads, but the board a kick up the backside.

Good things today:
1. Quins fans were excellent, all 30 of them (as i counted, maybe more)
2. Didnt rain (but was cold)
3. Knowing we're still in challenge cup
4. Noble talks not dead
5. Knowing Wigan is the "Greatest team... the world has ever seen" (not THIS team though)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

I didn't boo. I didn't clap. They deserved nothing from me today or any of our loyal fans.

To sit their in a freezing cold stadium, week in week out, paying your money, and to get THAT performance in return.

We need a miracle. :eusa10:
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

We won another second half :exc:
Unfortunately we had once again lost a game in the first half of the first half :exc:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Steve Oh, Loughlin is busting a gut out there, he's trying too hard if anything. Now Tickle ............
mario

Post by mario »

One good thing to take from today was Lockers in the 2nd half,starting to make breaks like he used to do.No one backing him up though. What anyone saw good in Orr though i don't know. he give Quins the ball on the 3rd tackle for the first time, then realising his mistake he carried on doing it to prove what a pr~~k he is! But everyone talks his game up and gets on Browns back instead. Like the last try,give brown the ball with room to move and he'll perform.
mickh

Post by mickh »

Did anyone else notice the sticks being taken down before the players had left the field could this be a singe???

I noticed the dismantling of the posts, me suspects it's to worship the great "God" football (not a good sign)
Very worrying. not too mysterious forces are afoot.
mario

Post by mario »

It might make it easier cutting the grass.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

For all that's said about the backs - and I join in as much as anyone - the problem is the pack. Tickle isn't doing it for some reason, whilst Hargreaves, O'Carrol, Wilkes, James and Jonkers can't do it at the moment. Some of these will never be good or big enough. Until we get Fletch, Logan and - god help us - Seu Seu out there to help Feca we will never dominate teams. With Hock apparently gone for the season at least (what a waste of £90K!!) it is to be hoped Nobby brings at least one other forward with him. We need the pack to get healthy and stay that way for the rest of the season or we will go down.

FWIW Logan told my wife today that he is available on Saturday. If so, him and Fletch back will be a big improvement and will help to cover the ban coming Lockers' way. :doz: