maurice out

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
heydude

Re: maurice out

Post by heydude »

can i ask one big question to the people on this message board if you get rid of maurice who do you put in his place because in the gap between maurice's chairmanship we had robinson who sold our home with no stadium to replace it and norbury who was a joke and nolan who has jumped ship more times than blackbeard.

so now do we do the same thing with chairmens as with have been doing with the coaches for the past ten years!

maybe maurice has learnt his lesson now by one of his statement saying noble will have full control of the team if noble does come and we get rid of maurice the new chairman could come in and change the situation again and wigan are back to square one again.
don't eat yellow snow
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

heydude posted:
can i ask one big question to the people on this message board if you get rid of maurice who do you put in his place
Phil Clarke. Don't he and his brother run a management company or some such thing? Plus he's worked within the game as an administrator for GB, a Wigan lad, respected within the sport...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
heydude

Post by heydude »

Fraggle posted:
heydude posted:
can i ask one big question to the people on this message board if you get rid of maurice who do you put in his place
Phil Clarke. Don't he and his brother run a management company or some such thing? Plus he's worked within the game as an administrator for GB, a Wigan lad, respected within the sport...
sorry but how do you know clarkey would want the job and how long would it be before wigan fans are calling for his head aswell.
don't eat yellow snow
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

heydude posted:
Fraggle posted:
heydude posted:
sorry but how do you know clarkey would want the job and how long would it be before wigan fans are calling for his head aswell.
I don't know if he'd want the job, but you asked the question of who would we want to replace ML and I'm putting forward a candidate :conf:

As for how long, no new chairman would be able to change this season's situation, that's all down to the coaching and playing staff because there are no players available for the Chairman to bring in. But Maurice came back with a 3 year "plan" and I don't think a Chairman should work on a timescale shorter than that.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
heydude

Post by heydude »

Fraggle posted:
heydude posted:
Fraggle posted: Phil Clarke. Don't he and his brother run a management company or some such thing? Plus he's worked within the game as an administrator for GB, a Wigan lad, respected within the sport...
I don't know if he'd want the job, but you asked the question of who would we want to replace ML and I'm putting forward a candidate :conf:

As for how long, no new chairman would be able to change this season's situation, that's all down to the coaching and playing staff because there are no players available for the Chairman to bring in. But Maurice came back with a 3 year "plan" and I don't think a Chairman should work on a timescale shorter than that.
true fraggle but then new chairman new three year plan back to square one all over again what i was trying to say at the end of my first post is it's time to stop chopping and changing this club that is why we are in this mess now and if maurice statement is true about full control (hopefully) and in a way he has to now give full control to the coach because of his duties to the latics now it might be a good thing to keep him as chairman.
don't eat yellow snow
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

heydude posted:
what i was trying to say at the end of my first post is it's time to stop chopping and changing this club that is why we are in this mess now and if maurice statement is true about full control (hopefully) and in a way he has to now give full control to the coach because of his duties to the latics now it might be a good thing to keep him as chairman.
Added to that is the fact we've now got a board with more than just one person on it, and perhaps things will indeed change even with the existing people in charge. Despite my suggestion of Clarke, I've not being amongst the "Lindsay Out" brigade as I'd like us to get stabilised with a new coach first and hopefully get this season saved. If that fails, then it's definitely time for some new ideas because I can't see ML being able to adapt to life in NL1 with its very tight salary controls etc.

[hr]
backin2006

Post by backin2006 »

yes he can if a player is contracted to a club we can buy his contract out like gleeson from saints to warrington he was under contract also wasnt farrel under contract when saracens bought him all we have to do is spend a transfer fee
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

backin2006 posted:
yes he can if a player is contracted to a club we can buy his contract out like gleeson from saints to warrington he was under contract also wasnt farrel under contract when saracens bought him all we have to do is spend a transfer fee
The players still have to agree to a move, you can't force them to come or go. The players themselves may be able to force a move (Carney to Aus, Farrell to union), but it's a bit more difficult for clubs. Remember the Gleeson case isn't so clear-cut either because he'd been banned for betting against his teammates and rather than have to deal with that he took the option of going to Warrington to join his brother.

[hr]
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

NO NO NO NO NO
Maurice is the lifeblood of Wigan Warriors.He is the guy who makes things happen and has a very persuasive manor.He did not sideline 10 sick or injured players.He has not dropped the ball,knocked on or missed a tackle this season. It is Maurice that will bring the GB coach to Wigan AND ENSURE THAT THERE IS MONEY IN THE POT FOR MORE PLAYERS

SO GET REAL :exc: :exc: :exc: :exc:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

jimofwigan posted:
It is Maurice that will bring the GB coach to Wigan AND ENSURE THAT THERE IS MONEY IN THE POT FOR MORE PLAYERS
You're getting confused...Maurice doesn't use his own money to buy the players!