WELCOME TO WIGAN Mr. NOBLE!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FROM A TO B

Re: WELCOME TO WIGAN Mr. N...

Post by FROM A TO B »

Just one thing to add:

BRIAN NOBLES BARMY ARMY :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Nobbys Girl

Re: WELCOME TO WIGAN Mr. NOBLE...

Post by Nobbys Girl »

I am so hopeful for Wigan now that I feel sick with anticipation............its a lot better sick feeling than I have been having since they appointed that aussie mouthpiece. Now he is gone I have re-instated my season ticket which was shredded on his appointment.

As for Maurice, you had better do right by Brian Noble or hang your head in shame, you dont deserve this chance but you have it .......... dont $&*£ it up

Best wishes Brian its not luck you need but stab proof clothing
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

My one worry about noble......his squad numbers! At Bradford they were terrible before last season lol.

Lets hope he gets the chance to put things right here!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mrs_carney posted:
My one worry about noble......his squad numbers! At Bradford they were terrible before last season lol.

Quite a few of our squad numbers are terrible, too, though.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
mrs_carney posted:

Quite a few of our squad numbers are terrible, too, though.
I particularly don't like the number 3, it just seems so incomplete on its left side.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Mean Dean

Post by Mean Dean »

Am i wrong whem i say that infact Millward won more than Noble everyone is quick to outcast Millward now but i still have doubts if Noble can turn this squad around he will need new faces and quickly as the current bunch just aint good enough.
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

I'm happy. Well, as much as a supporter of the bottom team of Super League can be. :D

But Nobby has my full support.

Come on you Warriors.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Mean Dean posted:
Am i wrong whem i say that infact Millward won more than Noble everyone is quick to outcast Millward now but i still have doubts if Noble can turn this squad around he will need new faces and quickly as the current bunch just aint good enough.
Depends on your definition of success. Bradford got to the Grand Final in every year of Noble's reign, won several and picked up a couple of World Club Challenges along the way, which Millward never did.

Many of the people criticising Millward were doing so last May when he was appointed, we've not really changed our opinions too much!

And Millward made quite a lot of changes but those changes haven't born fruit at all so far. But regardless of any changes, there are long-standing players in the team not performing up to the standards we know they are capable of, and things have to get better if that's sorted out, even if nothing else changes.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
Mean Dean

Post by Mean Dean »

Fraggle Millward defo won the world club challenge didnt they beat Brisbane at Bolton or Man City.Bottom line is for me Millward was as good a coach as Noble getting to Grand Finals and Challenge Cup finals onlt matters if you win them and inveriably Millward did.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Mean Dean posted:
Fraggle Millward defo won the world club challenge didnt they beat Brisbane at Bolton or Man City.Bottom line is for me Millward was as good a coach as Noble getting to Grand Finals and Challenge Cup finals onlt matters if you win them and inveriably Millward did.
From the St Helens website and Wikipedia for Bradford:-

Millward @ Saints - WCC in 2001 (fair enough, I was wrong about that); Superleague in 2000, 2002; Challenge Cup in 2001, 2004.

Noble @ Bulls - WCC in 2002, 2004, 2006; Superleague in 2001, 2003, 2005, Challenge Cup in 2003.

No comparison there, Noble wins hands-down 3 SL titles vs 2, 3 WCC vs 1.

[hr]