Re: moran moran moran moran or...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stacey c

Re: moran moran moran mora...

Post by stacey c »

My 6 year old who has watched ever wigan game home and away with me since she was two obviously has learnt the game well. They say kids dont lie? She wants to send nobby a letter asking can she play instead of moran and they can send him somewhere that they dont play rugby at all! She reckons her freind at Judes under 7s is better! :lol:
ras

Post by ras »

think the best thing for us would be for moran to get injured (dont wish that for anyone but it dosn`t look like he`s gonna get dropped). The players go 10 yards forward and then he takes us 20 yards back
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

mario posted:
medlocke posted:
If he still has a job on monday i will be disgusted.

lockers a bit of a waste of time as well, he is nothing without Faz backing him
Go and watch the game again. O'loughlin was our top tackler by a mile with quite a few of them on our own try line. And works harder than most players whilst Wigan have the ball. If he hadn't played then the Richards try wouldn't have been important because the game would have been long gone by then!
Sorry but theres all this talk of lockers being such a great player, and he has hardly done anything in attack as we saw last night his kicking game was atrocious, fair enough he might well be one of our top tacklers, so why not try him in the centres were our defence needs to improve, and see if he can prove himself there
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ras posted:
think the best thing for us would be for moran to get injured (dont wish that for anyone but it dosn`t look like he`s gonna get dropped). The players go 10 yards forward and then he takes us 20 yards back
Well said

and Welcome
bertina

Post by bertina »

Doveoverdave posted:
Alex the Warrior posted;
The first requirement of a captain is to be good enough to be in the team.
He is our best player and was our best again on Saturday. What game did you watch?

His kicking was poor but this is just another of the long list of duties he must fulfill because of the dearth of quality at half back.

And as for his brother-in-law his kicking has come in for loads of criticism for both club and country!
I agree with you Dave, I don't get all this critcism of o'loughlin, some people on here must be watching a different game to me.
By the way, just what does Dennis Moran have to do to get dropped????
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

I don't know, but I read an interesting statistic on SkyText last night... Moran is 7th in try set-ups in the league... is this criticism really needed or is he doing well on the sly? :cool:
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

bertina posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
Alex the Warrior posted;
The first requirement of a captain is to be good enough to be in the team.
He is our best player and was our best again on Saturday. What game did you watch?

His kicking was poor but this is just another of the long list of duties he must fulfill because of the dearth of quality at half back.

And as for his brother-in-law his kicking has come in for loads of criticism for both club and country!
I agree with you Dave, I don't get all this critcism of o'loughlin, some people on here must be watching a different game to me.
By the way, just what does Dennis Moran have to do to get dropped????
O'Loughlin is poor he maybe our top tackler but that does say much with the defence the way it is at the moment and most of his tackles are high anyway. Sean O'Loughlin is meant to be organising the team on the pitch and creating oppotunies for other players not be a tackle bag, if he can't do his job well then he should not be in the team. Being related to Andy Farrell does not give him a god given right to be in the Wigan team.

I am suprised that Joel Tomkins has not been included in the first team for a while, he is the type of player that Wigan need at the moment, he does the basics and he does them well. He passing and tackling technique are textbook unlike some of the other players in the side at the moment who look like they have never seen a rugby match before.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ince warrior posted:
I don't know, but I read an interesting statistic on SkyText last night... Moran is 7th in try set-ups in the league... is this criticism really needed or is he doing well on the sly? :cool:
Having not looked at these statistics, I can only assume they are including the number of passes he's thrown out for the opposition to intercept and score from, counting that as a try set-up. With the second-worst attack in the whole league, we haven't scored enough tries for him to fit in any other way!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Nine

Post by Nine »

A lot of things in the team's performance have improved in the past two weeks, defence being the main one. But Moran will single-handedly get us relegated if he he is not got rid of, because any SL side is likely to score against you so you have to make sure you get points when you're up at their end of the field. And with Moran at 7 we won't.

He cost us the game this weekend and will continue to cost us games until we don't have enough left to try to win and save ourselves.

PLEASE Nobby - do something.
Squad number 18!
peudent

Post by peudent »

easily the worst signing wigan have made since mark reber.

or julian o neill

or doc murray

or lee hansen

or harvey howard

oh god this goes on....what are they playing at!?!