It was a Try

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stevocod

Re: It was a Try

Post by stevocod »

The ball was knocked out by Halpenny one-on-one so therefore it's knocked back and play on, so how can Cummings justify Steve Presley's decision when it was clear for all to see it was the fullback who removed it and knocked back in a defensive situation, so the law should dictate it as a try, so i am fully behind Nobby in asking for explanation from the RFL RE: this abysmal decision.

Saints fans may sing "going down, going down", but it reflects their dominating a competion with a referee standard at an all time low in my opinion and the aussie commentators in the recent Aus vs. NZ match were praising Ashley Klein and slagging off Russell Smith, maybe we should do a ref swap again? :sly:
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

stevocod posted:

Saints fans may sing "going down, going down", but it reflects their dominating a competion with a referee standard at an all time low in my opinion and the aussie commentators in the recent Aus vs. NZ match were praising Ashley Klein and slagging off Russell Smith, maybe we should do a ref swap again? :sly:
Please god make it happen we certainly need i sensible clear headed ref at the moment. I cant argue with going to the video ref for the Richards try that wasnt a try but it CLEARLY shows the hand reefing it out.What other interpritation is there as for Phil Clarke he must be watching too much Simon Cowell at the moment :angry:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

In the end, NO TRY. thats it, nothing we can do. it wold be unfair to single that moment out as the reason why wigan were relegated, as Feka said... we didnt do enough, our own fault.

thats it, no try, look ahead to salford and st helens.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
damien morrissey

Yea looking ahead not forward if you get my meaning..
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

Yes agree we should look forward, but doesn't mean i can't state my opinion, isn't that what this message board is for? :sly:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

okok, i stand down to peer pressure. hehe, you're right, apologies *please dont whip me*

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

Haha i wont whip you!!:lol:. Although i stand by the words in your username, we are all human individuals and entitled to our opinions re: past, present or future, even Latics fans providing they are not trolling as per usual lol.

Just remember if we are sticking by the club loyally, we also should support Nobby in all he is doing and the fact as GB coach he is attacking the hierachy of the game who employ him in that position, so for him to state such an emphatic statement in our defense obviously shows his commitment to the club, despite what some people may think.
damien morrissey

What i mean was i am not exactly looking forward to another two defeats.
1. Well stains is obvious.
2. All my inlaws are Salford fans.
So all in all a tough couple of weeks ahead. i thought we would be making headway by now but it isnt happening obviously.
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

Yeah it doesn't look good, but remember the Huddersfield match, alot happens on the day in any sport and we were all seeing Noble as a miracle worker, but alot of player injuries or not, we need time to gel and what happens we buy more players to play a different style. With all the influx of new players used to play various styles, it's hard to adjust.

Never mind who can we sign, other than replace Moran, i just see that we need to give a run to players for the remaining 14 rounds, get consistency in play and team selection and maybe things may click.

You take all of the top six in Super League for example and you can say they all play different, as do Wigan, so give time and stay loyal, even if we spend a season in Nl1, i hope not, but anything is possible.

Main thing is all true warriors fans stick together and get to every ground and back 100%. If nothing still happens then fine, but there is no quick fix to an uncomfortable period in this great club's history.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think it is a case of 'not been here before' for many wigan supporters, myself included. the older guys on zimmer frames remember the last time wigan were relegated, and some people were teenagers/kids back then.
The last few weeks was a case of 'whats happening? nooooooooooooo!", but now its a case of, ok, we're crap, bring on NL1!! for me, finishing 7th last season was a shock IMO, this season was a shock, but now i know every club is equal, its just our turn to face the music thats all.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame