Ashton ankle?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: Ashton ankle?

Post by ian.birchall »

Fraggle posted:
But if the newspaper publishes a story to say the earth is going to explode at 3:15pm the next Friday 13th, perhaps in a story about some of Nostradamous' claims, will you also believe that just because it's in the newspaper?
Come on Fraggle, everyone knows the earth is not going to explode on the next Friday 13th (July), but it is going to disappear into a black hole when the Swiss/French start this atomic accelerator under Geneva on November 27th. You heard it here first. :doz:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

GeoffN posted:
:eusa17:
:lol:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
turf

Post by turf »

Taken from the Warriors official site:

Wigan Head Coach Brian Noble is hopeful that full-back Chris Ashton will shake off an ankle injury picked up in last Friday's 50-24 win at Salford and will face St Helens on Saturday in Cardiff.

Ashton was cleared by X-rays of a break but sustained ligament damage and although he hasn't trained yet Ashton will be included in the 20 man squad named by the club on Wednesday.

With Michael Withers sidelined with a knee injury, Wigan have other options to play at full back in David Vaeliki or Pat Richards.

Noble said,

"David Vaeliki has played Test matches at full-back and Pat Richards has played for Wests Tigers at full-back but Chris is well on the mend.

"If I pushed him (Ashton) hard tomorrow and Thursday, I'm pretty sure he'd be right so we're confident he will be fit for the weekend."

Don't push him too hard Noble for goodness sake!!! He may do some more damage.

If you push an athlete hard and he has not recovered you end up doing more damage than what was already there in the first place.

- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i didn't want to think of that, he's doing fine at centre, lets leave him there.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

agreed!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
turf

Post by turf »

On this site it says he has got a fitness rating of 50%.

He's halfway there you know!!!!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

turf posted:

''Already'' that must put him near Ross on Wye. :eh:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

turf posted:
On this site it says he has got a fitness rating of 50%.

He has two ankles, only one of which is injured.

50% seems about right to me... :roll:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
DV at full back, didnt know or think that!
He used to be a pretty decent fullback, I remember him touring with the Kiwis earlier in the century before he had his bad injury and he looked to do a great job. Out of him or Richards, I'd be inclined to move DV to fullback first, Richards is playing very well at the moment and is more of a strike threat than DV in terms of us scoring tries.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Fraggle posted:
Nobby`s Girl posted:
DV at full back, didnt know or think that!
He used to be a pretty decent fullback, I remember him touring with the Kiwis earlier in the century before he had his bad injury and he looked to do a great job. Out of him or Richards, I'd be inclined to move DV to fullback first, Richards is playing very well at the moment and is more of a strike threat than DV in terms of us scoring tries.
I've posted the same a few times fraggle. He played against the GB u21's I think at Headingley. I still have it on video somewhere, I dug it out when I heard we had signed Liki, just to watch him. Didn't do very much at fullback, but didn't do much wrong either.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!