GANSON A JOKE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Re: GANSON A JOKE

Post by Matthew »

cpwigan posted:
Looks like his mum has finished in the bedroom and is back on webcam. He seems to have left and is eyeing up some hub caps no doubt.
More likely she has sent him out "robbin" as his "uncle" jack has just turned up and she needs to use the bed.

Or maybe the occupants of the house that the computer was in have just come back...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
Loco

Post by Loco »

lo9cker5s is good enough he may not be captain material but he tries a lot harder than most of the team, hock though is a different story you dread everytime he catches the ball because you know he is going to drop it :(
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Those blaming Ganson should look somewhere else for their scapegoat, he had a great game. I've watched the game one and a half times now and I can't find fault with him. Saw no issues with ball steals, the ball carrier has responsibility to keep hold of the ball when players are making a tackle and getting up from the tackle. Hands were in and around the ball but not in there to rip it. Forward passes - look at the hands.

Wigan pathetic in parts today, 10 errors in the first half against 2 for Catalans says it all. Catalans also had a completion rate of 85% compared to Wigans 60 odd (not bad for Wigan though!).

Penalty count at half time was 6-6. A fair reflection on the game I reckon, didn't spoil the flow of the game either. He got all the appropriate decisions and allowed the game to flow for all the borderline calls.

I thought Ben Thaler made a mistake on Catalans second try, I think the foot was in touch. Think he was too concerned with the grounded and forgot to check for touch in goal.
turf

Post by turf »

I take it Ganson stunk then.

Who was the VR. How did he do
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Rob he was useless. He cannot referee. He did not lose us the match BUT he was poor. Grapple tackles, high shots, lying on, poor 10 yards. Some odd penalties.

I have not watched it again and it is not Gansons call BUT the try when Goulding lost the ball? was that not ripped out of his hands and forward by a Cats player? Therefore knock on?

Wigan lost the game due to their ineptitude. Anybody who says otherwise is silly. Likewise, anybody who thinks Ganson had a good game is silly.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

cpwigan posted:
Rob he was useless. He cannot referee. He did not lose us the match BUT he was poor. Grapple tackles, high shots, lying on, poor 10 yards. Some odd penalties.

I have not watched it again and it is not Gansons call BUT the try when Goulding lost the ball? was that not ripped out of his hands and forward by a Cats player? Therefore knock on?

Wigan lost the game due to their ineptitude. Anybody who says otherwise is silly. Likewise, anybody who thinks Ganson had a good game is silly.
Come on CP - don't waste you time. Rob is a ref now - he isn't going to say anything against a ref unless the opinion has been rubber stamped by red hall.

ganson is always crap - he's a crap referee. But that is not to say what happened today was his fault. For once a stains fan was not needed to consign us to defeat we took care of that in the first 20 minutes
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan posted:

Haven't watched the video yet, But I thought it went backwards after a one-on-one steal (by Stacey Jones I think).

I thought Ganson did OK, and everyone knows what I think of him normally.

Oops, I'm agreeing with Rob now, I need to go and lie down in a dark room for a while.
Haydock Warrior

Post by Haydock Warrior »

I played amateur RL for 13 years and had the pleasure of coming across Mr Ganson on numerous occasions - mainly before he got to SL.
I would best describe him as a show pony, the big I am - both whist officiating and afterwards in the bar.
I would doubt this man has ever played the game?
A bad referee not just for us but for the whole game as far as Im concerned and if hes the best we can do then god help us!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He has not Haydock BUt he claims to have. He has never been any different. Our paths crossed for 2 years between 1986 and 1988.
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Ganson was garbage. Ball steals, the obvious head shot on Fletcher 5 yards from the line and a foot in touch on the first try.

However, I tend to focus on the referee's mistakes when we have deserved to win and he has deprived us of that deserved victory.

It is sometimes too easy to hide behind referees. We've had biased referees against us for many years now but used to be able to win enough matches despite them.

Who was referee last time we won something? Stuart Cummins. We had players of charachter and skill then - Faz, Radders and Lam for starters. Players of that calibre would overcome Ganson in a big match.

Today reminded me of that JP Trophy final against Castleford when the players had turned against Dorahy.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)