A New Owner!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
- psycho -

Re: A New Owner!!!

Post by - psycho - »

cpwigan posted:
The Wigan Observer are suggesting the bidder is Leneghan of Harlequins. When asked he neither confirmed nor denied it. Likewise, Whelan responded in identical fashion. Ex scholes boy I am not sure how he could devote enough time to Wigan RLFC. He still has 2 business interests, one based in London and when questioned by the Observer he was in LA
scouting for talent? must be cheaper than some aussies! :lol:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Bendy Hendy

Post by Bendy Hendy »

Just returned back from a meeting with my accountant, who is close freinds to a few of the wigan board. He too reckons that the buy out is from lenaghan from the Quinns!! :o
THI CORNT RUN BOUT LEGS

GET AMUNGST UM
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Sooner have Dave Whelan as the owner with a new chairman in place .
If a new buyer is to take over i hope its quick before all the best players are signed up come September .
Hopefully Nobby has his list sorted out now and players targeted.
bertina

Post by bertina »

cpwigan posted:
The Wigan Observer are suggesting the bidder is Leneghan of Harlequins. When asked he neither confirmed nor denied it. Likewise, Whelan responded in identical fashion. Ex scholes boy I am not sure how he could devote enough time to Wigan RLFC. He still has 2 business interests, one based in London and when questioned by the Observer he was in LA
Pardon my ignorance, but what is this guy Leneghan's background?, I don't know anything about him.
consigliere

Post by consigliere »

I feel a bit sorry for quins if he just ups and leaves them.

But if he has no time to run it let him have it and appoint as chairman Johnny Boy!

or even from London and LA he could devote more time than Mo - he was only part time anyway!
www.directeta.com

THE BEST WAY TO FOLLOW WIGAN AWAY
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Bertina, the Wigan Observer states;
Scholes-raised Mr Lenagan is a successful theatre producer, chairman of the Sports Cafe chain and his software company, Workplace Systems, made him a huge cash windfall when it floated on the London stock Exchange in the year 2000.

He became majority shareholder of Harlequins RL in 2005 but he remains a loyal Wigan fan
bertina

Post by bertina »

cpwigan posted:
Bertina, the Wigan Observer states;
Scholes-raised Mr Lenagan is a successful theatre producer, chairman of the Sports Cafe chain and his software company, Workplace Systems, made him a huge cash windfall when it floated on the London stock Exchange in the year 2000.

He became majority shareholder of Harlequins RL in 2005 but he remains a loyal Wigan fan
Thanks for that CP.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

How much would Wigan cost to buy the shares off Whelan?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

i've just noticed the picture at the bottom of your post. Is it of Helvellyn and striding edge on the left with Catstye Cam just to the right of them? It lookis like it must have been taken from the other side of Ullswater on Place Fell. Sorry to sound like an anorack. :blush:

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

^^^ It is indeed, try and find me :lol:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame