Feka in GBH probe

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fitzy

Re: Feka in GBH probe

Post by fitzy »

I think the bus driver has been a little unlucky, of all the people in the team he had to pick the "6'1" 18st kiwi prop to argue with. If it had been say for example calderwod would he have broke his jaw?
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

lancaster077 posted:
I heard Feka attacked the bus driver with a peanut.

Gaz Hock asked what type of peanut?

And Feka replied asalted.

Ta daaaaa im here all week. :D :D
oh no, not a full week :( :cry:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
lancaster077 posted:
I heard Feka attacked the bus driver with a peanut.

Gaz Hock asked what type of peanut?

And Feka replied asalted.

Ta daaaaa im here all week. :D :D

Not even funny to be making a joke out of it. Personally i`m feeling very sorry for Feka at the moment, he`s a guy iv spoke to many many times, he`s such a plesant and quiet guy to talk to. And the news has come as a big shock. imo theres a big reason why feka had reacted like this, and right now i think Feka needs our support rather than his own fans making a joke out of it..its going to be bad enough when the stains find out about it, then the jokes and comments will come from them. Feka needs his own fans to keep beside him, and i for one will be there!

and to be honnist, each time i think of it, i still cant believe the story!
I'm not, if its true then he deserves whatever stick he gets.. HES BROKE A MANS JAW for goodness sake... and anyway, Harold Shipman was a pleasant guy until he murdered all those pensioners...
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

DaveO posted:
adrenalinxx posted:
DaveO posted:
The thing is though "being human after all" is no excuse to break someone's jaw unless you did it while physically defending yourself against an attack.
I'm not saying that he should have broken the guys jaw but all humans can have a sudden and temporary loss of self controls, just because someone plays sport it does not mean they have greater self control then any other member of the public.
It should because unless they are totally naive they ought to know they will be likely to face the odd nutter around town trying to wind them up.

Therefore they should be prepared for this sort of thing and not be losing their self control when it happens but be walking away from trouble.
Most people at one stage or another has been so angry or annoyed that they have done something that they would not usually do.
But these players are not you or I. We won't be baited for being a Wigan RL player and won't be recognised around town as someone to deliberately wind up as a result.

They will and should realise this and so the excuse of simply snapping or being human does not apply IMO.

Dave

rubbish! end of the day only feka know's what happened and what was said ect. just because he plays for wigan doesnt mean he should just stand there and take abuse of some1. imo somthing bad has been said to make him snap. given the time of the incident imo id say he'd have had a drink and with wigan going out the play off's i cant imagin him being in a good mood.. its easy for people on here to say he should have walked away ect!!
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

Good god everybody lighten up, Do you really think the squad of players will be moping about going Oh my god thats shocking tut,tut and being all quiet around him whispering "im here for you,You have my support".

Like all great Rugby clubs his collegues will be ripping it out of him big time, Its not as if it was a massive street brawl ala Bailey/Walker it was a altercation where one bloke came off worse.

With all the money the club has do you think he will have Coco the clown as his lawyer? thats if it goes to court.Not forgetting WORSE case jail but hey there all full.

IF guilty a fine and a slap on the wrists and forgotten in a month.

If Innocent probably a silly nickname from one of his team mates that would stick for about 3 months.

And anycase how can Stains say anything with there Hooligan element at the grand final, Pot calling kettle i think, Making light of a nonsense situation is not a crime So just lighten up.

The courts have bigger fish to fry Terrorists, Pedos, Murderers, Gang warfare, Gun culture to worry about an altercation involving a mouthy Bus driver.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

standishwarrior posted:
DaveO posted:
adrenalinxx posted: I'm not saying that he should have broken the guys jaw but all humans can have a sudden and temporary loss of self controls, just because someone plays sport it does not mean they have greater self control then any other member of the public.
It should because unless they are totally naive they ought to know they will be likely to face the odd nutter around town trying to wind them up.

Therefore they should be prepared for this sort of thing and not be losing their self control when it happens but be walking away from trouble.
Most people at one stage or another has been so angry or annoyed that they have done something that they would not usually do.
But these players are not you or I. We won't be baited for being a Wigan RL player and won't be recognised around town as someone to deliberately wind up as a result.

They will and should realise this and so the excuse of simply snapping or being human does not apply IMO.

Dave

rubbish!
It is far from rubbish. It is an indisputable fact that people in public life are more liable than you or I to be targeted with abuse when out and about.
end of the day only feka know's what happened and what was said ect. just because he plays for wigan doesnt mean he should just stand there and take abuse of some1.
You have totally missed the point. He as will any other player from the Warriors (or Latics for that matter) will be well aware they are well known figures around town. And as I said unless they are naive (or just plain thick) they should expect this sort of behaviour from the nutters.

That being the case they should be ready for it and be much more able to walk away than when this happens to someone who isn't expecting it.

imo somthing bad has been said to make him snap.
So what?
given the time of the incident imo id say he'd have had a drink and with wigan going out the play off's i cant imagin him being in a good mood.. its easy for people on here to say he should have walked away ect!!
Because its what he should have done! If he did break this blokes jaw there is no excuse whatsoever. I don't care what was said to him there is no excuse.

There is no excuse for him doing it just the same way there is no excuse if you or I did it.

Dave
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

DaveO posted:
standishwarrior posted:
DaveO posted: It should because unless they are totally naive they ought to know they will be likely to face the odd nutter around town trying to wind them up.

Dave

rubbish!
It is far from rubbish. It is an indisputable fact that people in public life are more liable than you or I to be targeted with abuse when out and about.
end of the day only feka know's what happened and what was said ect. just because he plays for wigan doesnt mean he should just stand there and take abuse of some1.
You have totally missed the point. He as will any other player from the Warriors (or Latics for that matter) will be well aware they are well known figures around town. And as I said unless they are naive (or just plain thick) they should expect this sort of behaviour from the nutters.

That being the case they should be ready for it and be much more able to walk away than when this happens to someone who isn't expecting it.

imo somthing bad has been said to make him snap.
So what?
given the time of the incident imo id say he'd have had a drink and with wigan going out the play off's i cant imagin him being in a good mood.. its easy for people on here to say he should have walked away ect!!
Because its what he should have done! If he did break this blokes jaw there is no excuse whatsoever. I don't care what was said to him there is no excuse.

There is no excuse for him doing it just the same way there is no excuse if you or I did it.

Dave

bo**ox!! you've missed my point aswell. until your in that position what he was in then you cant say what he should have or shouldnt have done.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

standishwarrior posted:
bo**ox!! you've missed my point aswell. until your in that position what he was in then you cant say what he should have or shouldnt have done.
Of course you can. Unless he was defending himself from phsical attack he should not have broken someoine's jaw (if that is indeed what he did because as yet it's still being investigated).

The point I was making was that has nothing to do with me or you being in that same position. It is to do the with fact people in the public eye can expect nutters having a pop and so should know better than to rise to the bait. It's just common sense.

In any case just what position was he in? We don't know.

If he was physically assaulted then he has every right to defend himself. If he was being given a load of verbal stick, even racist stick he has no right to react by breaking someone's jaw.

Dave

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Not really worth commenting upon what happened until we know the truth. I hope Feka is found to be the one initially threatened/attacked.

When you enter certain professions you have to accept that you must modify your behaviour or maintain a higher standard than those around you. It often involves making sacrifices. However, if it could cost you your career then it is a 'no brainer' Anyone in education will tell you that. If a rugby league player can control his behaviour on the field of play in the 'intensity of battle' then you hope he can exercise restraint in public. The only factor that could change behaviour dramatically would be alcohol etc.
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

Before anybody jumps down my throat im not saying this may be the case for Feka because i dont know him personally.

But in my old line of work i was constantly working with Samoans,New Zealanders,Fijians, And Nigerians and the majority especially the Samoans and Fijians were very,very nice people but as soon as they had a skin full they were very hard to deal with especially the Samoans and Fijians and more often than not would start fighting with each other or close friends and even some cases Family.

Those who have had worked with or have got Samoan and Fijian freinds like myself will know what i am saying and understand.

Going out with some of my mates was a nightmare, Either a 2 can van dam or they turned into pro wrestlers.20 times worse than my European friends.

Maybe this was the case or it may not be the case, But it is still a possibility of why he may of reacted in such a mannor