Carmont signed - official

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
right cross

Re: Carmont signed - offic...

Post by right cross »

if we still had the nrl games on sat and sun mornings , we all would have heard of him ?

he is a very good defender ,just what we want imo
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

This is true - asfar as I'm aware we don't really have any cover for 6 or 7 do we?
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Big Steve posted:
This is true - asfar as I'm aware we don't really have any cover for 6 or 7 do we?
Lockers and Higham respectively. Not ideal but that is our cover.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Flanagan is no half back. Coyle is okay but his natural position IMO is hooker.
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Top post mate :eusa2:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Flanagan is a loose forward. He has some good qualities. The problem I forsee is can his body withstand the way he wants to play. He really tries to hit hard in the tackle for example. However, his career has been blighted by injuries so far. He is one of those lads who lacks the speed, evasion, playmaking ability to be an halfback but may lack the physicality needed to be a loose forward.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Nobby certainly rates him and his opinion is obviously worth infinetly more than mine :) My own personal opinion was that we would have been better signing a true halfback in Leatherbarrow who ended up signing for Warrington. Dean Bell certainly thought so and hence he left.

Most Bulls fans think he is a loose forward even though he played 6 for their academy for a spell. His father was a loose forward too.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

You think that Noble nurtured him as a youngster at Bradford and is gambling that he will prosper at the right time for wigan and not take th gamble of leaving him with Bradford? 2008 has to be th year for Flannagan to do colbon/mcilorum-esque cameo's... quite early in the season to get to where Prescott is within a team setup come 2009.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Liam is an excellent player. One for a few years from now. There's a very promising 16 year old halfback too but years away from the first team, Joe Mellor. Ainscough the U18 winger who I presume will play U21 this year has bags of potential too.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Is it true mike fords lads at wigan and is a real talent ?

Also keep hearing About young Logan tomkins