Pryce signs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Hawkeye

Re: Pryce signs

Post by Hawkeye »

just been the same report on 5live no mention about pryce. :angry:
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Just read the bbc article. 52 games, m17 trys 134 poins or thereabout. Does this mean that Karl is also a goal kicker. Can't remember to be honest. HC
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

pieater-alex posted:

And then with everyone at full strength I would have:

Mathers
Calderwood
Goulding
Carmont
Richards

And bring Pryce off the bench as an impact player for Goulding as I don't think Goulding (especailly right from the word go) is ready to start at centre for 80 minutes do I would definately bring him off and interchange with Pryce.
Well that just about agrees with my view of things (especially about Goulding not being ready for the full 80) and is the way I would like it to go but I have a feeling that if Goulding holds his own Nobby will drop Calderwood. Or rather Calderwood will find it very hard to get back into the team when he is fit.

Provided Pryce has the pace I can see Nobby using him as a Volcano MkII on the wing at Calderwood's expense.

The good thing is we have competition for places but it isn't 8 players for 5 places because Richards is nailed on for his goal kicking and if he proves his fitness Mathers will be the full back. So it's six players for the three remaining places.

That is the centres are between Carmont, Goulding and Pryce.

The remaining wingers slot is between Calderwood, Colbon, Stanton and Pryce.

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:
pieater-alex posted:

Mathers
Calderwood
Goulding
Carmont
Richards

And bring Pryce off the bench as an impact player for Goulding as I don't think Goulding (especailly right from the word go) is ready to start at centre for 80 minutes do I would definately bring him off and interchange with Pryce.
Well that just about agrees with my view of things (especially about Goulding not being ready for the full 80) and is the way I would like it to go but I have a feeling that if Goulding holds his own Nobby will drop Calderwood. Or rather Calderwood will find it very hard to get back into the team when he is fit.

Provided Pryce has the pace I can see Nobby using him as a Volcano MkII on the wing at Calderwood's expense.

The good thing is we have competition for places but it isn't 8 players for 5 places because Richards is nailed on for his goal kicking and if he proves his fitness Mathers will be the full back. So it's six players for the three remaining places.

Dave
Yep, that's pretty much how I see it, although Colbon & Stanton won't be in the mix unless there are injuries.

I wonder, though, just how fit Pryce will be after so long out of RL.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

At least the backline is a much better outfit this season than last season.

Pryce looked a good player for the Bulls. ITs a big improvement.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

GeoffN posted:
DaveO posted:
pieater-alex posted:

Mathers
Calderwood
Goulding
Carmont
Richards

Dave
Yep, that's pretty much how I see it, although Colbon & Stanton won't be in the mix unless there are injuries.

I wonder, though, just how fit Pryce will be after so long out of RL.
This worrites me too especially seeing as he has been injured for so long, but Wigan were a second half team last season which suggests their fitness programme is a very good one, shouldn't take a young lad like him long to get back up to fitness, maybe they can do what they did with twiggy and just have him run up and down steps lol
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Been on the RU site and they say it is or as been down to his lack of positioning why he has not made it, apparently he is very fit this year and has trained very hard just not worked out for him . I feel he could go on to be a very good signing if he can fulfill half his potential he will play for GB if he fulfills it fully he will be a top international player RU's loss our gain ?
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

hes on about tuigamala or better known as "inga" when wigan signed him he was unfit and overwieght. wigan have taken a few gambles this season with mathers injury and price not playing for over a year and the best ive heard about carmont is hes steady eddy!but i feel the foundations are being laid for a very good team.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Whos Twiggy?

1970s model :lol: :lol:

No jokin apart this is starting to look like a team again that can seriously challenge for things again,

IMO there is no reason given a good cup run that we cant hit both finals next season and fininsh in top 3.

Best signing since Baz!!!

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Brilliant signing ticks all the boxes utility player 2.3 and 6