Stuart Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
- psycho -

Re: Stuart Fielden

Post by - psycho - »

it does though, everytime he runs the ball in it's like he's scared of being hit! it's like he doesn't want to do it anymore, and im not just blaming fielden for the cardiff embarassment but this guy has said so many times he's hungry for it again, and getting back to best, but he isn't! how can you defend someone being paid the amount he is, when he puts in those kind of performances!!! the fans have earned fielden's salary more than he has!
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

i agree with most of your comments regarding fielden apart from refering to fielden as being a coward.

if he were a coward then he wouldnt be taking to the pitch to play rugby league, lets not forget fielden and his fellow players are professional sports men and are employed by wigan rl club if he had retaliated to your friends comments after the game it would have made the situation a lot worse and would probably landed him in the dock.

i dont think that he is working hard enough on the pitch but i poited out in one of my other posts that if you watch the play of the ball when fielden is there to take up a drive for some reason the ball nearly always goes the opposite way, i dont know if this is a game play or if it is the acting half not wanting to pass him the ball, as a tackling machine, he has however lost the power to punch through the line what he had early last season this to me is down to conditioning and the same can be said about the rest of the squad, they look like they all have gained to much bulk which is slowing them down. you only need to look at caylis and graham they are smaller than both fielden ocarrol and coley but they nearly always beat the first man with pace and power, for this all stems from the conditioning set up at the club.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Is it not splitting hairs. Fielden has lost his bottle. He is reluctant/afraid to take the ball up that is reflected in the number of carrys he makes, the yards he gains per carry and how he actually makes those carrys.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

£400? own fault for paying that much. Screaming at players isnt the answer it's a bit childish especially going up to the player like that. If I was Fielden i'd have made a sarcy comment and laughed.

He isnt the player we thought we'd buy. His off field problems last season are not an excuse this season. I say well done to Bradford to get a high price and Stu for cementing a big pay deal... who'd have known his form will dip during the next 2 years? Just the way it is...

seems we've (the club) are trying hard to get him upto form but it isnt working.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

granted he doesnt carry the ball up with any pace but is this not down to the slow pace of the ball coming from the play of the ball, our line is to flat and when any of the pack make a run for the ball they are taking it nearly standing still and dont take the ball up with any pace, higham for the last two seasons is to slow at the play of the ball you can see a world of difference when macalorum (spelling) take the play of the the ball the pace of the play and his enthusiasm to encourage the player with the ball to gain his feet are there for all to see.

also the other thing at the play of the ball is that other teams seem to rotate who the acting half is ie longy rotates with pryce or even whelens, this give fat boy cunningham time to run at the line or gives him a breather.

The only pack player who breaks the line is feka but he is able to break the line coz he takes the ball up at pace its the only way he knows.

when we beat leeds a few weeks ago the biggest yards gained were when the play of the ball was quick.
Bear

Post by Bear »

I wouldnt mind if he ran with conviction or actually looked interested. I want to know when the real stuart feilden will be back... AND KARL PRYCE! Stuart isnt playing well and should be dropped, but on sundays performance the whole team should be. That was an abserloute disgrace. Paying all that money to watch that. Great day though. But the main reason i went was for the rugby.

Stuart if your reading this... WHEN WILL YOU STAND UP AND BE COUNTED!!!
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I'm disappointed in SF. He's certainly not that bad or as bad as many would have us believe on here, but just underperforming so badly relative to his potential everyone feels he's a let down. The difference between form play and bad play at this elite level is probably next to nothing.

In any case the problems on Saturday were down to the collective effort of most of our team, not one out of form prop.

If I was Nobby I would seriously consider getting a sports psycologist in the camp and force individuals and small groups of players to work with them on performance, visualisation and team/collective effort.