Catalans Dragons v Wigan Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrDave

Re: Catalans Dragons v Wigan W...

Post by MrDave »

God wrote:We can see it why cant Noble see it. Fielden needs to go its that simple, a stint in the reserves or get rid and bring in a prop thats consistant.

An average prop will do David Ferriol will do thanks. But it will never ever happen in a million years and we are going to have to suffer.

Call this ironic we get Fielden and get rid of Bryn Hargreaves who (cough,cough) scores a hatrick against Bradford. When was the last time a Wigan prop scored a hatrick against any Super League club.
I think the last person who came close was Fielden against Bradford early last season when he score two away at Odsel.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

God wrote:When was the last time a Wigan prop scored a hatrick against any Super League club.
Has there been one?

I remember Greg Dowling scoring 3 against Leigh!

But at the moment - nope. I don't think that Wigan have predominantly scored their trys by props, against any SL side.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:eusa8: We can make the GF, we are the greatest club in the world

:badg: I find it hilarious how many hypocrites have done a 360 since last week.

Phelps. He was selected for the first team after playing for our reserves v Huddersfield reserves. His opposing centre was actually a prop forward. Huddersfield had no backs due to injuries etc. Every back in that game was a forward. The prop said Phelps was reasonably quick but nowt special. So after doing nowt v a rookie prop playing a centre he gets a first team spot in the greatest team in the world.

:eusa9: No changing your tune though. You all knew better. I mean how good are Leeds (on recent form) and we were unlucky v them
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

cpwigan wrote::eusa8: We can make the GF, we are the greatest club in the world

Phelps. He was selected for the first team after playing for our reserves v Huddersfield reserves. His opposing centre was actually a prop forward. Huddersfield had no backs due to injuries etc. Every back in that game was a forward. The prop said Phelps was reasonably quick but nowt special. So after doing nowt v a rookie prop playing a centre he gets a first team spot in the greatest team in the world.

:eusa9: No changing your tune though. You all knew better. I mean how good are Leeds (on recent form) and we were unlucky v them
Can you only come us with the same sentence for ever post?
Boring.
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

Broken record comes to mind. For a while I thought I was missing your contribution to the board but your first post since throwing your toys out of the pram is the same bile as ever. :eusa17:

It's like being at school! I'm right you're wrong. Nah,nah :eusa7: :tong1:

Have you ever anything constructive to say?

I haven't seen the game personally so I can't really comment on it, it certainly looks like, and this I'm sure most will agree on, is the deffence needs to be sorted out.

I still believe we should only judge how successful this season is when it's over, as unlikely as it maybe it is technically possible to win the GF. I still feel we can at least equal last years efforts. It just depends whether you view that to be good or not?
Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

It's almost as if you wanted us to lose just so you could come on here and say 'told you so' to some of these so-called 'hypocrites' on the board. Your attitude's a bit immature. :conf:
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Just watched the highlights on the Super League show. Defence down the middle was awful, two tries from not covering the ball in the tackle.

Wigan didn't look too bad in attack, Carmont and Richard looked like it was working well and Tomkins seemed to have a good game with a good strong run for his try and a good pass for Phelps' try.

Those two tries conceded from not covering the ball in the tackles probably wouldn't have been conceded if Sean O'Loughlin was playing. He might not be everyones favourite player but facts are facts, he gets to those tackle and covers the ball.
Bear

Post by Bear »

Course its possible to make the grand final, were confatablly in the top 6 at the moment. We just need to pick up the wins and then in the play offs play like we did last year. If we finish in the top 4, even top 3 there is no reason why we cannot get to the final. COME ON BOYS!!! i doubt we will finish top of the pile, but after the upset from harliquins last night its possible but highly unlikly. But finish in that top 4 and thats it confidence up, fans start beliving, and before you know it theres a night out in manchester :D
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

standishcat wrote:

It's almost as if you wanted us to lose just so you could come on here and say 'told you so' to some of these so-called 'hypocrites' on the board. Your attitude's a bit immature. :conf:
Actually the immaturity came from postyers like yourself. When somebody dared post some home truths/ tell it as it is then a group of you reacted as if it was a gross act of betrayal and that we should all adopt the lemmings approach of blindly believing we are the greatest club in the world dah dah.

No immaturity on my part. No wanting the club to fail. It hurts like hell to realise how mediocre we are and that things will not improve/they will get worse. It irks that gullible fans argue the new Wigan RLFC can do no wrong and should be given years for what? Catalan in 3 years created a SL club, that reached Wembley in their 2nd year and arelikely to finish 3rd in SL in their 3rd year. With all our advantages the lemmings say awww they need time, they are real fans. How evil were DW/ML. How immature and nonsensical is that.

So yes I take great joy in the fact that more Wigan fans will have opened their eyes by the end of 2008. I do not expect some to even hold up their hands though and say anything / admit they got it wrong. I will tell you this much if the situation was reversed, I would hold my hand up and gladly apologise. What really hurts is that our club is going backwards. That Leeds/Saints are streets ahead. For the Lemmings who reckon Saints days are numbered. Take a look at their academy team. Sick and tired of seeing our supporters loyalty rewarded by garbage and incompetence.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

It has got to he stage with me that I am not that bothered we lost the game because it was what I expected to happen. I expected it so I am not sat here in shock or looking to blame the ref/weather/injuries or whatever as you do when you feel hard done by with a result. The result wasn't a surprise at all. In fact it was IMO entirely predictable.

I have already written the season off so losses like this mean little.

The point made about Les Cats getting where they have in three years should make everyone sit up and take note.

We can't go on blaming the past administration for the way the team is now. The vast majority of players in the squad have contracts that were agreed with Noble as coach, either new signings or renewed contracts. I am sick of waiting for tomorrow with this team because it never seems to come.

Noble just isn't that good a coach IMO. For example he has singularly failed to make the best use of Calderwood to the extent many fans can't wait for Calderwood to leave as they think he is useless. Noble either has an issue with the player that is clouding his professional judgement or doesn't know what to do with him. Either way we have ended up with inferior players in the backs more often than not.

IMO it's the coach at fault here, not the player. Likewise he insists on playing Colbon who is just too slow when we have Calderwood and two speedy wingers in the U21's. He will never drop Fielden it seems and I would certainly rather see a pack including Prescott, O'Carroll, Feka and Coley because all four of them are playing better than Fielden.

I find his team selections very frustrating because I am sure we have better options with what we have got.

Dave