Castleford v. Wigan - Discussion

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Castleford v. Wigan - Disc...

Post by ancientnloyal »

Disgraceful! and the ref didnt help... hope rob cares to explain some of the ref's decisionstoday, it left me totally bemused

Mathers should be dropped altogether, Fielden needs to run and carry on running, not stop. Colbon actually did well when he wasnt on the wing.

McIlorum the pick, Barrett and Lulu tried hard just a waste, why didnt we go for the 1 point?????????????????????????????????????? someone explain why with 500 wigan fingers in the air!

oh and someone collapsed going out.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

It's all Darrell Goulding's fault i tell ya, Phelps is great, Bailey is great. :(
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

just saw some of the try's on sky sports news,our defence was s*** my granny could run through them.Mathers shouldn't play for us again.trent to loose forward and give sam tomkins a few games
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

waterside glens wrote:just saw some of the try's on sky sports news,our defence was s*** my granny could run through them.Mathers shouldn't play for us again.trent to loose forward and give sam tomkins a few games
I think with Tim Smiths arrival you will see Trent at 13 but it will be interesting to see where he plays Smith. He is a scrum half so will we see TL moved to stand off?

If so it will just continue the Millward style selection policy with our back line changing yet again. If not we end up with a scrum half playing stand-off which may not suit his game. Yes I know people argue they are the same these days but I don't agree with the scrum half still retaining the "little general" role to a greater degree.

As others have said we have not had any stability in the back line and this IMO highlights Nobles weakness. That is his reaction to the poor form is to chop and change the positions around when what he should be doing is coaching the players not to make the same mistakes. If they can't be coached to buck their ideas up they need to be dropped not shifted to the other side of the pitch or whatever.

His answer to the obvious problems is to stick with the same 17 and change them about positionally.

Given I reckon the season is a write off from the winning a trophy point of view he could at leasts use games against weaker opposition like Case to give the younger players a game. I know people have said Colbon played well in the pack but really he has no future there given what we have coming through. Mossop should have been given a run against Cas so to me the fact he wasn't suggests Noble is running scared and wanted a result from that game. So he stuck with his first team regulars - out of position.

I am sure many fans would rather see players like Mossop and Tomkins get a game than the same 17 changed about making the same mistakes as usual. It's gone on for too long.

Dave
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

a comment i have heard through rugby at a session once by a coach was, your oppostion wont have a tackle bag on the day, they wont run at you with a thick pad and stand still in one direction....

so get rid of the pads and get them tackling each other....

yes it mau be be a little tougher on the lads but hitting a bag doesnt really get you prepared for a game....
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Perhaps this game is best summed up by the Daily Mail and as such, perhaps this should be printed out and left on every players seat in the changing room for Friday!

The relentless slide of the once mighty Wigan into mediocrity picked up pace yesterday.

For well over an hour, they actually managed to make Castleford look a good side — and that takes a special talent.

The first 20 minutes were embarrassingly bad for Wigan and a slap in the face for the away fans.

Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

FROM A TO B wrote:Perhaps this game is best summed up by the Daily Mail and as such, perhaps this should be printed out and left on every players seat in the changing room for Friday!

The relentless slide of the once mighty Wigan into mediocrity picked up pace yesterday.

For well over an hour, they actually managed to make Castleford look a good side — and that takes a special talent.

The first 20 minutes were embarrassingly bad for Wigan and a slap in the face for the away fans.

Reading the article, it is amazing that the Daily Mail covered it! But then it does report that Wigan lost too!!! :( :o
Once proud Wigan continue their slide into mediocrity with loss to Castleford
And here was me thinking that they drew. :lol:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!