Re: Tim Smith.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Matthew wrote:He's got an option for a third year - his agent said that when he was talking about the NZ Warriors being interested.

Whether he will take up that option is another matter!
Exactly. I don't think it is one of the options like we have on the younger players we signed on two year deals where taking up the option for the third year (or not) is entirely the clubs decision.

Dave
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Morph wrote:His best mate Mark Riddell is here for 3 years. Smith may decide that he wants to stick around for couple of seasons. Isn't Smith going out with Ridell's sister or |Ridell going out with Smith's sister? ( Not sure where I heard this, or I''ve just made it up! :blush: ) Anyway, what I'm trying to say is Riddell may have an influence on on Smith stayign longer, especially if he's enjoying it over here.
You've made it up Morph, have got it off Mark himself there is no truth in that :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

josie andrews wrote:
Morph wrote:His best mate Mark Riddell is here for 3 years. Smith may decide that he wants to stick around for couple of seasons. Isn't Smith going out with Ridell's sister or |Ridell going out with Smith's sister? ( Not sure where I heard this, or I''ve just made it up! :blush: ) Anyway, what I'm trying to say is Riddell may have an influence on on Smith stayign longer, especially if he's enjoying it over here.
You've made it up Morph, have got it off Mark himself there is no truth in that :)
Pillow talk :eusa18:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Morph wrote:
Fujiman wrote:
josie andrews wrote: You've made it up Morph, have got it off Mark himself there is no truth in that :)
Pillow talk :eusa18:
All these rumours about you Josie! First Kris Radlinski and now Mark Riddell. :roll: :o :blush:

Better do some moderating and put this in't rumour mill
:lol: :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Spot on Geoff, Tim Smith's ability is not the question, after all he must have some ability as he was formerly touted in Australia, as "better than Joey Johns at the same age".
If we are to go places in the "play-offs" we need a fit and lively Tim Smith.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

God wrote:I know ive said it in the past and ive defended this lad to the hilt.I havent got turfitus ha,ha But last night is only the tip of the iceberg regards his peformance and you will have to trust me.

The lad is as good if not better than Barrett in full flow and there is alot more to come, the Saints lot are in for a huge shock if he gets match fit because it will be like having Farrell back at the club. Saints hardly beat us with Farrell in the side and the same will go for Smith.

The better the opposition the more he steps up his game and at times becomes unplayable with his kicking game and vision of passes.Opening up class defence like an old leather wallet.
The only problem we have is the fact the rest of the team need to give him options and angles in attack and to also read his game which we seem to have a problem with regards Barrett last year.This was also a slight problem at Parra where he was 2 steps ahed of his team mates only Riddel,Eric Grothe could understand what he was going to do next at time.

But theres alot more to come from this lad, a hell of a lot watch out Stains.

BTW i am not actually Tim Smith just a fan. :lol: :lol: :lol:
: :D Just loved the dummy this kid threw last night.Going to be one class act!Only hope he gets the long contract he needs.Can you imagine the interplay between himself and riddell?Things look promising for the future! Or am i being overly optomistic in my belief? Cannot keep bigging the team up in the midlands only to have it thrust down my throat like a barb to choke on. :D
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Following last nights performance i feel the kid is clicking with Tommy and as he has played with Piggy before i think the future is a lot brighter,

Lets hope it pans out that way :)

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

antobolto

Post by antobolto »

I've heard that he might not stay until the end of the 2009 season. Another Barrat scenario awaits?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

antobolto wrote:I've heard that he might not stay until the end of the 2009 season. Another Barrat scenario awaits?
Join the forum to post this then?

Dave
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

josie andrews wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Wow, a positive thread!!

Agree with everything. I think Tim Smith could well become a serious threat to the opposition once he fully settles into the team.
Always try to be positive and look for the good things, not often for me not to be, (need to be in a bad mood to post negative things). Been watching Wigan for 47 years thru good and bad times and am Wigan thru' and thru', we have to be loyal to the club and the players and staff, although have had a few rants in the past :blush: but hey who doesn't? :)
Watched them from Birth now thats what i call a True Fan Josie. God im talking like Turf CP save me :conf:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx