Latest On Greg Bird

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
viva_seddo13

Re: Latest On Greg Bird

Post by viva_seddo13 »

Theres so many different news stories saying "Wigan favourite to sign Bird" and theres soo many saying "Wigan withdraw interest in Bird"

I dont know what to believe :conf:
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

God I 'm bored to tears now ---- Wish this Bird would fly away---- every one keeps crowing on --- some arguments are on a wing and a prayer --- some keep it going because they are birds of a feather ---- think he,s only interested in Wigan to build up his nest egg
:D :D :D :D :D
viva_seddo13

Post by viva_seddo13 »

jimofwigan wrote:God I 'm bored to tears now ---- Wish this Bird would fly away---- every one keeps crowing on --- some arguments are on a wing and a prayer --- some keep it going because they are birds of a feather ---- think he,s only interested in Wigan to build up his nest egg
:D :D :D :D :D
Very funny :conf:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Looks like the Bird/Smith/Phelps rumours still refuse to go away even after Smith is back in training in the UK.

http://www.leighreporter.co.uk/centurio ... 4850174.jp reports Phelps as having been offered around SL clubs

and

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 461400.ece has us closing the deal some time this week with Phelps going to Cronulla and us having been trying to offload Smith to anyone.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Hmm Let me guess what the first question will be at the Fans Forum next week... something along the lines of "What the bloody hell is going on"

If we were trying to get rid of Cameron why did we give him another contract at the end of last season?!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

cherrywarrior wrote:Hmm Let me guess what the first question will be at the Fans Forum next week... something along the lines of "What the bloody hell is going on"

If we were trying to get rid of Cameron why did we give him another contract at the end of last season?!
And why have we signed a hooker who was good in his day but appears to care so little about carrying on playing he piles weight on (having already been overweight) in the off season and now looks like a 1980's Rugby Union second rower?
Wigan's problem has been attitude and consistency and as much as I acknowledge Piggy does have a certain flair about him is he going to perform to the best of his ability week in week out?? is he chuff.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

highland convert

Post by highland convert »

On what is this massive overweight based on? Looks fit to me. Jim
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

highland convert wrote:On what is this massive overweight based on? Looks fit to me. Jim
Only pictures of the Warrington game Jim ... I'd be quite pleased if I was wrong though. :blush:
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

gpartin wrote:
highland convert wrote:On what is this massive overweight based on? Looks fit to me. Jim
Only pictures of the Warrington game Jim ... I'd be quite pleased if I was wrong though. :blush:
How can you base how hard he will try before he touches a ball in SL ,OK we have had some dodgy players but not all. Pat was one of our best last year were does he come from ? we have had as many good as bad when it comes to imports . As for his weight he always carries it well around the pitch and his nickname ''Piggy'' as not been aquired by his sixpack . :wink:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Mike wrote:Looks like the Bird/Smith/Phelps rumours still refuse to go away even after Smith is back in training in the UK.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 461400.ece has us closing the deal some time this week with Phelps going to Cronulla and us having been trying to offload Smith to anyone.

Unlikely as the cronulla board are not convening for a final decision on bird's future until later this month
Greg Bird's playing future remains in the clouds after he flew back in Sydney yesterday following a trip to New York where he visited his girlfriend Katie Milligan.

Bird didn't talk to the waiting media at the airport yesterday leaving his manager Gavin Orr to do the talking.

Orr said, "Nothing at this stage has changed. He can't move until such time as Cronulla act, but the club is continuing to meet the player's payments.

"The club's chief executive, Tony Zappia, is still away on holidays and the board isn't scheduled to meet again until the latter part of this month.

"I believe they will decide his future at that board meeting, where they will either offer him a release or terminate him."

http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=32110
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: