Re: Wigan-Warriors.com is sponsoring Karl Pryce next year. Wigan-Warriors.com may be easily...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Wigan-Warriors.com is sponsoring Karl Pryce next year. Wigan-Warriors.com may be...

Post by cpwigan »

I believe the badge has no copy right but if you use somebody's logo Wigan Warriors. It may then have.
THE 18th Man

Re: Wigan-Warriors.com is sponsoring Karl Pryce next year. Wigan-Warriors.com may be...

Post by THE 18th Man »

when i was at school i did a IT Course and we had to make websites without copywrite images so we were given this website

http://www1.edexcel.org.uk/dida-0906-d2 ... images.htm

and there is links on the page where you can get pictures which dont have copywrite laws.

iv'e not checked and dont know if anything to do with wigan is on it but its worth a shot

fixed the link for you - Josie :)
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

or this one to go more with the website theme, lol, can u tell im v bored and have found some new buttons on my laptop te he he he he he....

[IMG]http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37 ... anscom.png[/IMG]
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

cherrywarrior wrote:or this one to go more with the website theme, lol, can u tell im v bored and have found some new buttons on my laptop te he he he he he....

[IMG]http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37 ... anscom.png[/IMG]
correction on my part, this one is the best
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

If there is an issue then simply blank out the 'wigan warriors' at the bottom and have the crest - re-write 'wigan warriors' in a different style and it should be fine.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Exactly A/L The badge basically is not the property of Wigan RL as far as I know. Hence, PEMPS was able to put it on his repro RL shirts but he could not put Norweb or JJB on them. I think the crest dates back well before the club even existed.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Re: Who get to vote

I would like everyone to be able to vote, not just the contributors. Its everyones site, so everyone should have a say how it is known. The URL will just drive more people to the site. The contributors are sponsoring a player and benefiting the club, and also publicising the site as a side-effect. I think the player sponsoring and the prizes are the major thing there. I wil definitely put a "role of honour" page on here with whatever the contributors want on it to acknowledge their input though.

Re: the logo

I like the crest one. Also, I like the ribbon around the ball one. Is there any way of seeing a logo of the crest with a ribbon like the one round the ball?

Re: the result

I think wiganwarriorsfans.com is likely to win at this stage. If cp has to make a call, I'm fine with that. Once it has been confirmed, let me know and I will register whatever URL has been chosen. I will probably start to use that as the main site URL and change the site's title (the Wigan-Warriors.com will continue to work as well).

This will be a very good thing, because the site's title will have been chosen by the users, which is just the sort of thing I wanted when I set up the site all those year's ago. I will start posting instructions to let people make their own site styles soon too...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

I will have another go in the morning, but im not promising anything amazing
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

CBWarrior wrote:I honestly don't see what is wrong with Wigan-Warriors.com

Ultimatly, people will go on the URL if they want to know if it's the club website or not.
The point is, it's so similar to wiganwarriors.com, a lot of people will just assume it's the same and not bother to put the dash in the middle to find out.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cherrywarrior wrote:hmm ok let me see if this works

[IMG]http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp37 ... anFans.jpg[/IMG]
That looks great I like it :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan