Answers To Fans Forum Questions ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior till i die

Re: Answers To Fans Forum Questions ?

Post by warrior till i die »

but aint ian lenegan contadicting himself here when he is mentioning that we're a disgrace for getting on certain players back? didn't he do exactly the same thing just over a year ago at the second fans forum? when he come out and heavily criticised our club.

im not being funny but don't our fans have the right to see top quality rugby? we pay their wages we dont want to see 13 lethargic players, we dont want to see 13 players who couldnt catch a cold and run out of the way of a certain john wilkin, we pay to see players giving effort and players like e.g sam tomkins and cameron phelps putting their heart and soul into their performances.

One of the first times Im going to disagree with ian lenegan this- we have the right to say what we want to the players, we support players who are in bad form but one thing wigan fans can not accept is players who are lethargic and going through the motions.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

GILLYSMYHERO Yes I asked Lenagan the hard questions and he cut me off from the second question, as he likes to be in control and finds it difficult to deal with someone who will not back down to him. I was dissapointed with him as I thought that he had balls and would enjoy a verbal contest, he just keeps contradicting himself all the time.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

i cant really make a comment as i couldnt attend ,but the club are not happy with certain posters on this site as no matter what the club do ,they turn it into a negative sitution.They didnt mention names but feel the people on the site know who they are talking about ,the people on this site out about 1/2% of our over all support as much as the club read post on here they dont really take any notice of them.Again i cant make a comment about 2 night but i know the club are not happy about 1 or 2 posters.I do feel 1 or 2 on here dont like Mr IL but thats every 1 to there own oppnion as far AS RESULTS GO WE ARE IN A MUCH BEETER POSITION NOW THAN WAT WE WAS WHEN il TOOK OVER.sORRY ABOUT CAPS WASNT SHOUTING.Lol
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

warrior till i die wrote:but aint ian lenegan contadicting himself here when he is mentioning that we're a disgrace for getting on certain players back? didn't he do exactly the same thing just over a year ago at the second fans forum? when he come out and heavily criticised our club.

im not being funny but don't our fans have the right to see top quality rugby? we pay their wages we dont want to see 13 lethargic players, we dont want to see 13 players who couldnt catch a cold and run out of the way of a certain john wilkin, we pay to see players giving effort and players like e.g sam tomkins and cameron phelps putting their heart and soul into their performances.

One of the first times Im going to disagree with ian lenegan this- we have the right to say what we want to the players, we support players who are in bad form but one thing wigan fans can not accept is players who are lethargic and going through the motions.

Agreed here, he came out at the one after the huddersfield hammering and slated Barrett(all beit possibly true) but we as fans who pay our hard earned brass into that club can't state facts, thats a disgrace!!!

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

My nephew being 16 has a degree in mobile phones and he is currently converting it and will upload it to his YouTube account. Thinks it will take him 1 hour, 1 hour 30 minutes.

Me being nearly 40. I just take his word for it.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

at the end of the day Mike everyone is entitled to their own opinion especially when the fans pay their money to watch Wigan. if we have bruised IL ego then thats tough

to call fans a disgrace for having an opinion similar to his a year ago is just plain hypocritical and i expect more from a Club Chairman rather than a Joe Kinnear wannabe
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Does our glorious leader know something we dont know ?

Is the credit crunch over with, so he calls the fans a disgrace ?

Mick Hogan and the other backroom staff where rightly praised for the crowd generated by the "big one" campaign yet IL has potentially destroyed this hard work by calling the fans a disgrace

Mr Leneghan, i have supported wigan for 33 years bought umpteen season tickets, merchandise, spent money on hospitality, sponsorship etc etc as has many other fans

If, we, the paying public are a disgrace then my money will be welcome somewhere else
All of this depends on the exact turn of phrase IL has used and the context it was said in. It could be something and nothing.

I'm sure interested parties will be eagerly transcribing away later tonight. :sly:
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

im sure he slipped up with regards to cap money. When he was showing the team for next season on the OHP he said we didnt have a penny spare to play with, then in the next breath he was sayin that even after signing gleeson we had about 30 grand left, i may have misunderstood this!!! been a long day and in still tired from my jollies.

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I imagine jumping to conclusions about who called whom a disgrace and within what context that comment was made would not be a very sensible idea at this point.

In other words, lets wait for a full account of the evening that I'm sure will come, either by audio file, or by a fairminded attendee.

Also, can we try not to throw about personal insults about anyone, especially when provoked by comments that have not been heard first hand.

w.r.t the club being a bit disapointed by this forum, they are more than welcome to contact me directly with a view to improving the situation. Within the bounds of free-speech of course.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I thought it was really bad that Mr Lenagan as chairman and owner, did not know how many years his team captain had played for the club when asked.