Well what happened there? Bradford 22 Wigan 20

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: Well what happened there? Bradford 22 Wigan 20

Post by jobo »

The Eclipse wrote:I haven't seen anybody mention Phil Bailey's pathetic attempt on Matt Orford, if that was Darrell Goulding we wouldn't hear the end of it from the Goulding haters.
well said :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:

Got to make these tackles if we are to win anything. Agree with CP earlier though that maybe Bailey should have gone to centre in place of Carmont, then it may have been JT in the posistion to make the tackle Bailey missed.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Kiwiseddon wrote:
Incidentally..... Did anyone else see what Wagger Godwin did in the changing room after the game. :o
Yep. He'll get an injury doing that :o
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think with Bailey he simply cannot be fit enough for other than a cameo stint off the bench. He was in rehab all pre season. For me, Mossop obviously, even Liam Farrell or Ben Davies should be selected before him. He should be doing a mini pre season before he plays.

Joel has been working so hard and that was lost last night with him stuck in the centre. Wish he had been greedier though when he tried to pass close to the line.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

A good wake-up call. Pretty much a lack of intensity in the second half (a bit like the start of the second half v Catalans), but I don't think too many changes are needed. Riddell, yeah, but we'll have to wait till McIlorum is fit for that one. Deacon was poor, yes, but I tend to think that was the Bradford factor. Even Sam's kicking game was poor in that second half. An overall team loss, though, rather than any one individual's fault.

Maybe we're better when we don't build up a big lead early?

Not too worried, though - we were always going to lose at some point, and at least it wasn't Saints.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

Geoff - I think the poor contribution from kicking really was due to the wind. We got no gain from kicks at all in the second half.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

cpwigan wrote:Nothing to panic about. Just annoying. A good 10 minutes and 1 score in the second 40 would have been a win. Carmont going off really hurt us.
I concur with that cp.We never seemed to recover after the loss of George.I'm not going to kick the team when down.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

trotski_tgwu wrote:
02rinman wrote:Shocking 2nd half, they went out there thinking the game was over and just simply didnt turn up. Too many errors
And worse of all Nobles is smirking all over his smuck face on sky. we just looked like we never turned up second half. Sky idiots going on about the wind and now talking about soccer fans watching ffs, what a pair of prats.

we made to many mistakes and look out for the head hunter now looking to scalp certain player for minor mistakes that led to us getting narrowly beaten.

If we had played better in the second half and been beaten i wouldnt feel so bad but id now hate to see us up against a real gd team on form after that performance
Have we not played a gd team in Warrington Wolves, away from home.:doz:
Maybe the players got a little complacent here, being 0:20 up at half time.
A good wake up call and time to re-group.
Last season would have been L4:W1 not W$:L1 at the same stage.
Its not the end of the world being beaten by Bradford Bulls away, even in the manner we did tonight.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

this is a big learning curve and brings everyone down to earth with a bang but i wont get stressed out about it because i trust Maguire will tell them were they went wrong, work on it and put in a good 80 minitue performance against a very good hull side.
Im more annoyed about standing there in what felt like freezing conditions. o well, considerong some of the upsets this year (Crusaders v Hull, Leeds v wakefield and castleford) we shouldnt be to disapointed
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

THE 18th Man wrote:this is a big learning curve and brings everyone down to earth with a bang but i wont get stressed out about it because i trust Maguire will tell them were they went wrong, work on it and put in a good 80 minitue performance against a very good hull side.
Im more annoyed about standing there in what felt like freezing conditions. o well, considerong some of the upsets this year (Crusaders v Hull, Leeds v wakefield and castleford) we shouldnt be to disapointed
Quite right THE 18th Man.
Too many people were getting ideas of grandure after turning Wire over away from home, "Challenge cup and Grand final in the bag".
Michael McGuire has only been here 5 minutes and we have all seen some good progress.
But lets not get carried away, things take time to settle, especially after so many dramatic changes in coaching and managerial personnel.
Dont panic Mr Manwaring, Dont Panic.
botica

Post by botica »

Bradford were always going to be a tough oposition, they had a poor start to the season but week in week out they will be working on the things that weren't working... They came out in the 2nd half with a flea in their ear and an oposition who thought they had it won. Wow Orford was good as was Kearney.
Last week against Catalan's was a worry, I hoped they wouldn't under estimate them, and they didn't, but did that make them a little cocky? I thought so, in the 1st half they should have scored at least another 3 but for poor passing or poor decisions...

Glad it happened at Bulls and not on good Friday though...

Wigan will come through and it will do them good. They were gutted and won't want that feeling again
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010