Re: Karl pryce

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Maybe I am different but where I disagree with Jim is that Jim would say Karl is not playing well because fans are mean and nasty to him. Personally I would print every comment and make him read them every day at training. Tough love.
Susi

Post by Susi »

karl is a lovely lad great sense of humour good to talk to , but he seems to lack somet on the field. Surely by now he should have gained his confidence back, and be on the form he was at bradford.
Lets see if he can do better this year, I really hope so.
i would have rather seen feka stay because when he went on he had heart for the club and wanted to play.
So come on Karl prove us knockers quite wrong
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:Maybe I am different but where I disagree with Jim is that Jim would say Karl is not playing well because fans are mean and nasty to him. Personally I would print every comment and make him read them every day at training. Tough love.
I've argued this point many times, both here and on RLFans. The reason KP got so much criticism is because he was rubbish; the argument that he was rubbish because of the criticism is completely backwards. Same applies to Mathers, for whom the same argument was used.

Many other players have been criticised when playing poorly, but brought people around by improving their performances. I really hope KP can do the same.
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

GeoffN wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Maybe I am different but where I disagree with Jim is that Jim would say Karl is not playing well because fans are mean and nasty to him. Personally I would print every comment and make him read them every day at training. Tough love.
I've argued this point many times, both here and on RLFans. The reason KP got so much criticism is because he was rubbish; the argument that he was rubbish because of the criticism is completely backwards. Same applies to Mathers, for whom the same argument was used.

Many other players have been criticised when playing poorly, but brought people around by improving their performances. I really hope KP can do the same.
Agreed, have you read some of the early comments about Super PAt's first season?.... They are hardly complementary!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I brought up a 'Richards must go! thread for a laugh not long ago. That said, Pat only had the one bad season!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

What makes it worse is that Pryce has never played like he is playing for a contract. Whilst Ainscough had flaws in his game; you could see that he was always trying. Phelps too always put in 100% and was at times overly brave. Pryce acts as though he is on a ten year guaranteed contract. For me he has never displayed any passion or drive. He looks disinterested as if he can't wait for the game to end so he can go home.

I would prefer us to play the youngsters in rotation and give them a chance here and there when injuries permit; rather than persevere with a player who should by now have displayed something approaching to the standard we expected, but hasn't. Don't forget that we paid Pryce for a year without him playing - doesn't he feel that he owes the club a debt for that?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
LooseHead

Post by LooseHead »

IMO the biggest problem with Karl P is his fitness ; always looks knackered after 15 mins which at this level is shocking. Lack of fitness undercuts skill and makes him look like he's lagging behind the game. Maybe having a full pre-season will sort him out, he's not had an injury free pre-season for about 3 years. I trust Madge implicitly so there must be a great Karl Pryce hiding inside the current one just waiting to burst out....!!!

TSB

Post by TSB »

o/k sorry
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Kittwazzer wrote:
TSB wrote:how many of you lot have even played the game ?. you who cast the first stone.
:conf:
So, by your argument, spectators of any sport are not allowed to have an opinion unless they have played the sport themselves?

BTW, if you are going to quote the Good Book, try to get it right?
jobo

Post by jobo »

To put this discussion to bed before words turn to blows, he is still a Wigan player and when he takes to the field, hopefully, the collective sort of quite groan that usually flows from the terraces whenever he plays will be replaced with a huge cheer of anticipation.

I've never met him but am convinced that he's the type of person who folds in the face of criticism, as his confidence level isn't that high to begin with.

Lack of confidence can kill any player and the crowd getting on anyones back can ruin them.

I remember Sean Edwards being substituted by John Monie, just to save him from the crowd baracking him every time he made a mistake and that match was at Central Park.

So, he's one of ours until IL or MM say otherwise and regardless of personal feelings I reckon we should all get behind him and wish him all the best.