Heinz

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
cpwigan

Re: Heinz

Post by cpwigan »

brabs007 wrote:CPWIGAN

Probaly a lot because people believe every thing they hear,
How many applied for Jaguar/Walkers?
the fact is £9.80 basic hourly rate working on the lines at Heinz.
A basic that required no real skills / education Brabs and if you go on say the night shift how much then?
brabs007

Post by brabs007 »

CPWIGAN

Yes there are shift premiums the going rate for nights 33.3% same as ASDA higher if you work weekends
20% 6/2 2/10

working on high speed lines is a skill it takes years to learn and you cant learn this from books.
jago

Post by jago »

Josie Andrews please ask yourself how did Mr Andrews manage to get that PAY I will tell you because the (people who or the union) stood together for that pay and to this day stand together. And for the temps if the management had their way they would in fact be on less money than what there on now in fact many of them would leave HJ HEINZ , the point I am trying to make is if the (People the Union) from past and present didn’t stand together we will all be working for less and why do people not call all THE FAT CATS and the SMALL CATS SENIOR Management GREEDY when they are taking big BOUESES and like I say if they could they would have the temps working for less so they can have more for them self ITS THE PEOPLE WHO PUT THE STUFF IN THE CAN NOT THE FAT CATS OF THE USA AND IF THE BIG MEN OF THE USA WANT TO MOVE TO CHINA THEY WILL DO IT ANYWAY BECUSE ALL THEY WANT IS BIG FAT WADS OF CASH AND THAY DONT GIVE TWO FILPS FOR THE PEOPLE OF KITT GREEN so please think why the PEOPLE THE UNION STAND TOGETHER
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Jago. You have registered today to make your post. Has word got around the shop floor about this topic? Is the forum about to be inundated with disgruntled Heinz employees who think this forum is a platform for their voices to be heard in the ivory towers?

Your point that profits are made by the 'people who put stuff in tins', as opposed to the 'FAT CATS' is nonsense. Without those 'FAT CATS', you wouldn't have tins or anything to put in them!

I only hope your leaders make a better argument than you do because frankly, you have not furthered your cause on here!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Just spotted that 'Only One Left' only registered on here to comment on this topic. Yet he has the gall to tell us to stick to rugby!

Wonder if he went to Old Trafford! :lol:
bobbyb

Post by bobbyb »

hi,cpwigan what do you do for a living and are you in a union?, regards
pedro

Post by pedro »

Hes a teacher
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

pedro wrote:Hes a teacher
And therefore needs Union protection a damn sight more than a Heinz man!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jago wrote:Josie Andrews please ask yourself how did Mr Andrews manage to get that PAY I will tell you because the (people who or the union) stood together for that pay and to this day stand together. And for the temps if the management had their way they would in fact be on less money than what there on now in fact many of them would leave HJ HEINZ , the point I am trying to make is if the (People the Union) from past and present didn’t stand together we will all be working for less and why do people not call all THE FAT CATS and the SMALL CATS SENIOR Management GREEDY when they are taking big BOUESES and like I say if they could they would have the temps working for less so they can have more for them self ITS THE PEOPLE WHO PUT THE STUFF IN THE CAN NOT THE FAT CATS OF THE USA AND IF THE BIG MEN OF THE USA WANT TO MOVE TO CHINA THEY WILL DO IT ANYWAY BECUSE ALL THEY WANT IS BIG FAT WADS OF CASH AND THAY DONT GIVE TWO FILPS FOR THE PEOPLE OF KITT GREEN so please think why the PEOPLE THE UNION STAND TOGETHER
Hey, for a start get off your bloody high horse. If you read an earlier post you would have seen that I am NOT bothered nor could I give a flying F**k if you go on strike or not, I was commenting about the good conditions & pay that used to be at the Heinz factory when my late husband worked there. I don't know the conditions now & have not commented on them or your militant stance.

How strange that you have just registered to join in the debate - because that is all it is. Our comments won't make a ha'p'orth of bleeding difference to your employers whether they give you what you want or just let you strike.

But some comments seemed to have touched a raw nerve by your retaliation :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

Kittwazzer wrote:
pedro wrote:Hes a teacher
And therefore needs Union protection a damn sight more than a Heinz man!
protection?...advise maybe but as far as unions go they have lost their power. CP has stated his reasons for his opinion and as its a forum is allowed to do so.

Striking is holding a company to ransom no matter which way you look at it. You do realise companies can dismiss for taking industrial action?