Gleeson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Kittwazzer

Re: Gleeson

Post by Kittwazzer »

medlocke wrote: yet he's done nothing illegal,
Wake up Medlocke!

He went to the police claiming he was being blackmailed. Arrests were made at which point he withdrew his evidence and refused to cooperate with the prosecution.
Does that sound like the action of an innocent man?
Even Gaz Hock can't be blackmailed. Its no secret what he did!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I just wish Madge had been at the club before Hock got banned because i think that Hock only needed a shove in the right direction and Noble let them think they were invincible

If this is true and its for the reasons stated i think all it does is confirm to us what an excellent coach and set up we have at Wigan at the moment.

Madge has brought standards back to the club and while i know past greats haven't been saints, the case is now, you play well and train hard you have much chance as anyone else of getting in the squad regardless of age etc.

That is the reason we won the Superleague last year.

In Madge We Trust!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

The game was before he was late ability to see into the future is not one of Madge's talents! Glees had been given plenty of chances and like CP says this was the final straw. Madge doesn't do the fitness tests and has to rely on info he is given! Also Joel has been playing centre anyway and Fielden being out meant having plenty of forwards was a must.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

I excpected Medlocke to bring up Gareth Hock even before going through the fitst few posts re Gleeson been fired. Not sure if he was trying to defend Gleeson or wants another bash Hock thread.

Difference is Gareth Hock is serving a 2 year ban for taking an illegal substance whilst Gleeson has had a 1 or 2 game ban for turning up drunk, and from all the rumors this is not his first time at the club nevermind issues at Wire and Saints. Gleeson obviously does not learn from his mistakes. Lets hope Hock does. As everyone deserves a second chance. Gleeson has bought more shame to RL than Hock has over their careers.

Lets hope Hock has learnt his lesson as he will be the most scrutinised and tested player in Rugby when he returns.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mick I think even Madge can and has made mistakes. Luckily he makes far fewer than most of us or other coaches. Personally, I think selecting Gleeson for the WCC was a mistake but hindsight is a wonderful thing and none of us are privy to the information our coaches have. A player can pass a fitness test etc Some look after themselves so well that they get through big games with awful injuries, Ellery in the CC Final but a player who has had an injury, passes fit then abuses his body is likely to make the injury slower to recover or likely to reoccur.

The one thing I do know is that Madge is a disciplinarian. The culture at Wigan is ultra professional compared to what it was previously but when dealing with human beings the odd one will always be stupid. You could even argue Wigan were stupid to sign Gleeson or that it was a gamble that paid off sometimes, backfire at other and ultimately backfired.

The culture at Wigan is now what it should be
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Rumoured on Twitter he'll be playing in black & white soon. I'm assuming they mean Hull FC and not prison garb!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Kittwazzer wrote:Rumoured on Twitter he'll be playing in black & white soon. I'm assuming they mean Hull FC and not prison garb!
I don't think he'll be playing for anyone.

As mentioned, though, it frees up a big chunk of salary cap...and we do still have a quota spot available...
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

GeoffN wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Rumoured on Twitter he'll be playing in black & white soon. I'm assuming they mean Hull FC and not prison garb!
I don't think he'll be playing for anyone.

As mentioned, though, it frees up a big chunk of salary cap...and we do still have a quota spot available...
Could do with DaveO doing the S/C calculations. If his pay stops immediately, does the full amount become available for the club to pay some else? It may not be that simple. Dave will know!
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

I believe that just the amount Wigan have payed him so far this season will count against this years salary cap for us.
If he signs for another club then the amount they pay him for the rest of this season will count against their cap.
The difficulty comes if Gleeson pushes for unfair dismissal. If he does, then I believe that any compensation we have to pay will be spread over the remainder of his contract and count against our cap for that length of time.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

there's no way he can claim for unfair dismissal. he would be laughed out of the courts