South Stand Incident Monday Night

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
michael inch stoke

Re: Another Idiot in the South Stand

Post by michael inch stoke »

Kiwiseddon wrote:For my two penneth worth I wasn't there, nor do I know any of the people involved and I doubt really that anyone was entirely at fault. WM-Warrior and his mate have obviously had a falling out with a steward or two who I am sure have very little training in how to talk to people or deal with conflict. However, I'd like to point out that two comments have been made by WM-warrior that surprise me. Firstly that his mate can't remember anything about the incident and secondly that they've been thrown out of a game before.

The only good reason for someone not remembering an incident is because they were that pi**ed that they probably wouldn't and secondly, to be thrown out of one game is unlucky but two, well I imagine it's because of the attention that someone is drawing to themselves.

Please WM-warrior, before you get all defensive, I'm not accusing you or your mate of anything but the way you came on this site after the incident, effing and jeffing about how your mate was the innocent party made me suspect that he was probably as guilty as the stewards. If you want a sympathetic ear, express a reasonable argument, which you may very well be right about, rather than just saying, you're all fu***ng wrong, you don't know s**t etc.

From someone who has had a LOT of training in how to speak to people and conflict management, I'd have thrown you out, purely and simply based on how you spoke on here.

To put it another way, if you hadn't done anything wrong at the ground, or on here, why did you apologise the following day for the comments you wrote?

IMO you and your mate were too drunk and it backfired on you. It's very easy to blame the stewards.... and you may have a point but I've never been thrown out of a game.....ever! and I love a pint or two before.

Come on mate. I honestly don't believe this situation was entirely down to the ineptitude of the stewards.
Some one talking a bit of sense at last. Good post :eusa2:
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

bobbyb wrote:HI,KITTWAZZER SOMEONE ALWAYS HAS TO HAVE A DIG AT THE FANS IN THE WEST STAND OR MAUSOLEUM AS YOU CALL IT, THE FANS IN THE WEST STAND HAVE PROBABLY SUPPORTED OUR GREAT TEAM LONGER THAN YOU AND PAID MORE MONEY TO THE CLUB THAN YOU ,SO WHY DONT YOU SHUT UP WITH YOUR BORING COMMENTS.YOU WILL BE OLD ONE DAY IF YOU ARE LUCKY,WOULD YOU PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION WHAT AGE WOULD YOU LIKE US IN THE WEST STAND TO STOP WATCHING OUR TEAM ?
Ive been a season ticket holder in the west stand since DW(JJB) has been open. Im 45 years old, bald, 18 stone(on a good day!) and a bit rough round the edges. Not really fitting into everyones stereotypical idea of a west stander. But oh boy, am I glad I dont sit within punching distance of a bunch of folk who cant hold their drink.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

bobbyb wrote:hi kittwazzer sorry for shouting i am not very good at computers(oap) please answer the question
No problems

Ok. Your comments seemed to defend the overall preference for a quiet time in the West Stand.

You say I'll be old myself one day. It may surprise you to learn I'm 'comfortably on the right side of 60'. I have supported Wigan loudly for some 40 years and intend to do so until I can no longer draw breath.

As for the 'old yourself one day' cliche. Might I point out that you yourself were once a young supporter. Were you never vociferous in your support? If you were, at what age did you go from being loud to complaining about the noise other supporters were making?

Finally, the amount you have spent supporting the team over the years is irrelevant. Point is, the person sitting next to you at the game has paid as much to watch as you have. He is therefore as much entitled to support his team in his way as you are in yours. I suffered the West Stand once and that was enough for me.

That said, South would be another matter!
onedego

Post by onedego »

nowt up with South bar one or two people (really, do bar them)

:lol:
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

It has been said many times, I sit in the West stand and yes they are fairly quiet, I dont mind that its up to the individual.What I do mind is when I shout and chant and I get complained at which happens fairly regular. Obviously at time get caught up in the moment and occasionally swear, but who doesnt? I agree that some of the stewards are only there to cause more agro than they stop, I recently got told to stop shouting or would be out, whats that all about? At the end of the day we all go to support our team how we do it is how we do it, but we are all on the same side here, lets not start pointing fingers and saying well the west stand lot do this and the south stand lot do that, there are enough fans of other teams that call us without calling each other.
Wigan Warriors fans LOYAL
bobbyb

Post by bobbyb »

hi,kittwazzer,i just get sick of people calling the west stand supporters sitting next to me are young men who enjoy a few pints of lager and enjoy the match i am not asking anyone to come in the west stand , just find something else to deride .also you did not say what age you want me to give up watching ?
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

bobbyb wrote:hi kittwazzer sorry for shouting i am not very good at computers(oap) please answer the question
bobbyb...Kitwazzer asked me if i'm blonde because i'm not good with computers..... :wink:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

bobbyb wrote:hi,kittwazzer,i just get sick of people calling the west stand supporters sitting next to me are young men who enjoy a few pints of lager and enjoy the match i am not asking anyone to come in the west stand , just find something else to deride .also you did not say what age you want me to give up watching ?
Why would I want you to give up watching? You enjoy watching it your way. Other people enjoy watching their way. Why not let them get on with it!
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

What a boring post this has turned into, god sake thought we were all adults, let it go
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

cumbria_warrior wrote:What a boring post this has turned into, god sake thought we were all adults, let it go
YAY!!!