kirkpatrick disgrace to rl

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
heydude

Re: kirkpatrick disgrace t...

Post by heydude »

Doveoverdave posted:
The most inept display of reffing to date must have been at Hull on bank holiday Monday the guy was truly awful (some Aus I think).

EVERY decision in the 2nd half went our way which helped us secure 2 points.

The refs may be bad but they aren't biased and we do get our share of the 50/50 calls.

Is that why thy are called 50/50
tell me something are you a wigan fan because remember something about jinkin jimmy calling you a yorkshire something or other when you first posted and all you seem to do is sh** stir. :angry:
don't eat yellow snow
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Yes I am a Wiganer born & bred.

A rugby league and sports follower that can see past the end of my nose!!
heydude

Post by heydude »

shame it up your a**e
don't eat yellow snow
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

He is a wiganer but lives over the pennines I'm afraid :D
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Tell tale :lol:
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

so doveoverdave would you get offended if I called you a sheep? :)
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Back on the point, the "knock-on try" has been mentioned elsewhere but can someone explain to me how we managed to get caught offside at our own play-the-ball in the 2nd half? I've never, ever seen that before. I remember Scummings pulling us for offside at a kick-off, presumably too many players had overshot the line before the ball was kicked (there's always at least a couple ahead of the kicker so that decision was unexpected as well), but I've never seen an attacking team pulled for offside at a play-the-ball. He seemed to be making it up as he went along last night, and in both directions at times. Both teams got away with some blatent forwards, although I think we were the only ones to get pulled for a so-called forward that wasn't and would have been a try. Refs always get some stick from fans, but it's been a while since a ref got the kind of abuse KK got last night, and fully justified as well in my mind.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
Back on the point, the "knock-on try" has been mentioned elsewhere but can someone explain to me how we managed to get caught offside at our own play-the-ball in the 2nd half? I've never, ever seen that before.
I couldn't work that one out either.
I remember Scummings pulling us for offside at a kick-off, presumably too many players had overshot the line before the ball was kicked (there's always at least a couple ahead of the kicker so that decision was unexpected as well)
Ganson did that to us earlier this season as well, didn't he? Probably just coincidence that they're both from St. Helens.
He seemed to be making it up as he went along last night, and in both directions at times. Both teams got away with some blatent forwards, although I think we were the only ones to get pulled for a so-called forward that wasn't and would have been a try. Refs always get some stick from fans, but it's been a while since a ref got the kind of abuse KK got last night, and fully justified as well in my mind.
True, but some people (who weren't even at the game)are still convinced he did ok.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

GeoffN, what really intrigued me about Kirkpatricks performance and the one thing that should get him downgraded next weekend was the error he made right at the beginning of the game. Wigan kick off, Widnes drive up field and right on our line knock on in the 6th tackle and Kirkpatrick orders a scrum, I thought the rules said all offences on the 6th tackle result in a handover?
It was the first time in some 47 years watching the game where we lost out on the penalty count where we were in possession!! I have always thought the man was a wally ever since he started his career in those too tight too short shorts when he felt that he was the man on the field hat everyone had come to see rather than the actual players but on Friday night he surpassed himself, this is the referee that Scummins picked as the ref of the season in 2004 and got to referee the Grand Final! No wonder Russell Smith has decamped to Australia :exc:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:angry: I just wish everyone would stop blaming the officials ! Perhaps we are doing so poorly because we have a poor set of players, Doris as our Leader, and a non-descript coach.

WE NEED A COACH !!!!!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: