Vaelaeki OUT

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Vaelaeki OUT

Post by Fraggle »

we_need_a_coach posted:
:( A new coach would sort out a lot of our problems, first thing would be to create a team on the pitch ! then you can go after new players !!!
No, if ML is still there then he will continue to bring in who he wants. Recruitment's his ball, and no-one else is allowed to play with it. A change of coach isn't going to alter that.

As for creating a team on the pitch, I thought sex in public was illegal, and do we really want to wait 18 years for these newly created people to grow up, reach adulthood and be ready to play? Assuming you can find someone willing to have 17 children at one go... :D
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

Doug Stand posted:
sorry there Vaealikis Girl my poor editing caused you to go off on one. I wasn't talking about Tahu I was saying Vaealiki has shown signs of greatness
Oh, in that case i very much agree, he is great :lol: I thought you meant Tahu. Sorry you had to read my rant for nothing lol.
A touch lucky on a few decisions like Smiths knock on from a restart... but that's rugby.
Yeah we did have a few calls go our way so i guess there's a first for everything. But having said that there was a few that i didn't agree with, like Cayless' supposed knock-on when he passed it back and the Melbourne player kicked it forward.
Enjoyable game but next time you see Hindmarsh, ask him to pull his shorts up.
:lol: :lol: That was an absolute classic! Gotten used to seeing a bit of the Hindy crack but that was a full moon!
but it seems Riddell is getting off to a slow start?
Yeah i've been thinking that myself. In our first game he was great but since then he's been lacking a bit. I don't think he's been playing badly he's just been very quiet and he doesn't get a lot of game time. I'm really looking forward to Mick Vella making a return to first grade after being diagnosed with thyroid cancer only about a month ago.
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

robjoenz posted:
This is virtually exactly how I would describe Vaealiki so far.
Really? That honestly doesn't sound like Vaealiki. I think Parra fans still really respect the guy because even though he was out of form for his last 2 years with us he was still one of those players who always gave everything he had on the day even if it wasn't amazing. No matter how he was playing you could always guarantee that he had pride in the jersey and wanted to win as bad as anyone.

I do know that he is the type of player that when is not on his game it really gets to him. I've spoken to him after matches where he's been slightly off and he really gets down about it. I'm just wondering if he's disappointed in his performances and that's coming across as him not being bothered?
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!
Stubby1982uk

Post by Stubby1982uk »

It isn't Vaeleki that is the problem. It is Kevin Brown, he can't tackle, is a ball hugger and when he does try and pass the ball he either puts it in touch or gets a player smashed. This guy is meant to be a stand off. The one thing he should do is stand off the pitch. Nobody was slagging Vaeleki out when we played Bradford earlier in the season when he had a fantastic match. He is by far a better siging than the likes of Moran.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Yeah he is a stand off but how many times does he play at stand off, you can't blame him for playing out of position he doesn't choose to. I don't understand what you mean by ball hugger, or hogger or what but he's not meant to play in the position he ends up playing in. He's not supposed to have to take high balls regularly or get us out of trouble on our own line.
And trust me, people would have been "slagging" Vaealiki or Vaeakik as that Bradford woman called him, after the last Bradford match. It's just not in the nature of this board not to!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

MrsLam posted:
Yeah he is a stand off but how many times does he play at stand off, you can't blame him for playing out of position he doesn't choose to. I don't understand what you mean by ball hugger, or hogger or what but he's not meant to play in the position he ends up playing in. He's not supposed to have to take high balls regularly or get us out of trouble on our own line.
And trust me, people would have been "slagging" Vaealiki or Vaeakik as that Bradford woman called him, after the last Bradford match. It's just not in the nature of this board not to!
I have heard quite a few people call Brown a ball hugger, he often does keep hold of the ball and try and take the opposition on instead of passing it.

Vaealiki did get some criticism at the last Bradford match, he scored two tries but he was also to blame for some of theirs. It was shown again last night that his positional sense and defensive ability isn't very good, he often runs out of the line and tackles like he plays Union. Don't get me wrong he's showed some really good forward play but his defence is probably the worst at the club at the moment.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

robjoenz posted:

I have heard quite a few people call Brown a ball hugger, he often does keep hold of the ball and try and take the opposition on instead of passing it.
True, but the same people criticise Orr for not attacking the line enough!
Vaealiki did get some criticism at the last Bradford match, he scored two tries but he was also to blame for some of theirs. It was shown again last night that his positional sense and defensive ability isn't very good, he often runs out of the line and tackles like he plays Union. Don't get me wrong he's showed some really good forward play but his defence is probably the worst at the club at the moment.
True, again. His defence does worry me, but I have seen a steady improvement so far this season. As others have said, the main positive (and yes, I do always look for positives) from last night was the performance of DV and Dallas.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

GeoffN posted:
robjoenz posted:

True, but the same people criticise Orr for not attacking the line enough!
True, again. His defence does worry me, but I have seen a steady improvement so far this season. As others have said, the main positive (and yes, I do always look for positives) from last night was the performance of DV and Dallas.
These 2 might drag us out of the do do were in now. They have a good understanding and with BC coming back we might be a threat on both flanks.

DV last night was the best ive seen from him this season. Dallas was fantastic last night.
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

DV was outstanding in attack last night - i think he proved you dont need blinding pace to be brilliant in attack. id like to see him in a good wigan side, i reckon his defence will improve
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Having now seen the video, those two offloads were even better than I thought at the time. class!