England v Australia - Spoiler

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: England v Australia - Spoiler

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

PaulC wrote:Tough call at the last.

Sam is just outstanding, Sarginson had a great game as did the bash brothers, lockers and Hall. Graham worked but not as well as the others and I too hate his winging and laying round, lockers is much better.

I hate to say this but at present I dont see what value Joel and Josh give to the side, but then im no expert so ill leave it to them.

I wouldnt mind see Budgie play!!
Cant disagree with any of that.
Re Graham, why was he on so much? Why did he stay down three times only to carry on ten seconds later? Two times he got 'injured' no trainers bothered to come on for him. Reminds me of the fat kid at school who tries to bully people and has a bit of a temper but cries everytime hes fronted.
Did Lockers get injured? He didnt seem to play many minutes.
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

PS well done England on a class performance (bar the switch off after HT)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We had the buggers!! We should have probably won well in advance. Sarge certainly stepped up to the plate!!! Small margins but Hodgsons reading of defence was found wanting on at least 2 key occasions.
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

Blackpool_Pie wrote:
PaulC wrote:Tough call at the last.

Sam is just outstanding, Sarginson had a great game as did the bash brothers, lockers and Hall. Graham worked but not as well as the others and I too hate his winging and laying round, lockers is much better.

I hate to say this but at present I dont see what value Joel and Josh give to the side, but then im no expert so ill leave it to them.

I wouldnt mind see Budgie play!!
Cant disagree with any of that.
Re Graham, why was he on so much? Why did he stay down three times only to carry on ten seconds later? Two times he got 'injured' no trainers bothered to come on for him. Reminds me of the fat kid at school who tries to bully people and has a bit of a temper but cries everytime hes fronted.
Did Lockers get injured? He didnt seem to play many minutes.
What annoys me about him is the two times he stayed down unnecessarily (the one with the stamp to the ankle to be fair looked like it hurt a wee bit) the rest of the pack had to work harder and without shape - get your arse up and back in the line for gods sake!! On both occasions the Aussies made good ground
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Graham is on so much because he needs to be. Huge engine, reads the game superbly.
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

I thought Clarke made a couple of crucial mistakes too, namely with the potential try before half time, but I guess he can be slightly forgiven down to experience and his work rate elsewhere made up for it.

Smithy had a great game too.

I thought the ref on pitch to be fair wasnt bad at all really - my only gripe was the late tackles on the kickers but they didnt look too malicious.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We just did not get many breaks from the official. I thought the late hits on kickers was an easy cast iron penalty. Bird is a nasty grub although I think Faz may get a 1 game suspension for the 'chicken wing'.
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

cpwigan wrote:We just did not get many breaks from the official. I thought the late hits on kickers was an easy cast iron penalty. Bird is a nasty grub although I think Faz may get a 1 game suspension for the 'chicken wing'.
I thought lockers report was laughable, but I guess thats the joy of report, they can look at it again - nothing will happen

I cant see faz getting anything if it was in SL, I couldnt see much in it, they just need to toughen the pussys up! a couple of times I thought the aussies were playing with a round ball the way that they were crying!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The fact they gave a tap stating Hall touched the ball means IMO he scored as the ball was on the ground when they decided he touched it. The referees 'excuse' was laughable and so technically incorrect.