Wigan v Hull

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Wigan v Hull

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

sc74 wrote:Looking at this from the other side of the fence - we are going through a bad patch. How long would be considered acceptable?

There are more than enough on this site who feel that this is what it is. When does it become something more than a bad patch?
I am happy for Waney to remain but he has to get us to a final and play more attractive rugby otherwise we need to look for a replacement for next season.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:So does every mistake now link to 'Waneball'?

What about other teams that don't play 'Waneball' surely they don't make any mistakes then right?
Did you not read what I wrote?

Right from the kick off after scoring a try we try a stupid move in our own 20m and give possession away.

We do it time and again. It is what people are constantly complaining about. Trying to put a move on in our 20m area that doesn't belong there. There was no reason to do it.

If there is such as thing as Wane ball that was it.

Your last comment sums it up!! You are saying we are doing something that you are not even sure exists!! :eh:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
KOOCH wrote:I suggest Sutton full back,Bowen Prop,Gelling 6,Joel T 7,Patrick Left centre, etc etc. From what I saw last night nobody is confident playing at any position.It appeared as the team where a bunch of strangers pooled together for the first time.I'm not going on another crusade for Wane out.But something is not right.And I along with the coach do not have the answer.
Why not select every prop we have at the club in the 17? It appears that we are trying to run over the opposition on nearly every play but we are not big enough to do it. We create very little in attack and our options for doing so are severely limited when Lockers is absent. Bateman should be slotting into that role as the lad has good handling ability - I was amazed last night when he was not in the starting 13 and shocked when we deployed him out wide as a runner.

The balance of the team seems all wrong to me: no ball playing loose forward (instead we choose a prop); no hard running second row who can break the line (a Hoffman or Hock); props who are lightweight and are used as battering rams (Tautai doesn't even offload any longer); a hooker who is a shadow of himself; two good wingers with great finishing ability who rarely get good early ball from the guys inside of them; a once great fullback and a right centre who have no pace and their timing and linking ability is embarrassing at times. Halves that are not creative enough although to be fair I thought both performed much better last night than in recent weeks.

There were good things last night: penalties and errors were reduced; we had better field position; and we won.
Correct. Bareman should be playing LF for me in every game that Lockers is absent.This kid is one of the best players in rugby league.As you quite rightly say he's good ball handling skills and an awareness of all around him.Rarely do you see him have a bad game.Unfortunately what we have had on display of late is players with little understanding of each other.Off loads and passes gone astray etc etc. Yes it was encouraging to see less penalties being given away but Shaun Wane needs to get to the route cause of why things are not working to a game plan. If the game plan is at fault then that can only be down to one man.Bigger test still to come starting next week. Hope to see a vast improvement because if any team know how to wind our players up it's the whino's and they will exploit it to the full.
TrueBlueWarrior

sc74 wrote:When I woke up and checked the score at about 3am this morning, I thought I read a 17,000 crowd. Then I looked again when I actually got up.

With all the hard work that the club does behind the scenes, the playing unit lets them down.

Instead of IL wanting to the team down to Sarg's back-yard ( :wink:), why not try and build a solid, regular backing at home?

Not the result I was hoping for.
Did you want us to lose?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
sc74

Post by sc74 »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
sc74 wrote:When I woke up and checked the score at about 3am this morning, I thought I read a 17,000 crowd. Then I looked again when I actually got up.

With all the hard work that the club does behind the scenes, the playing unit lets them down.

Instead of IL wanting to the team down to Sarg's back-yard ( :wink:), why not try and build a solid, regular backing at home?

Did you want us to lose?
No, I was hoping for about 30 points on them, done it a convincing fashion.

Scraping past bottom of the league, at home, by a point? Really?
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Never thought I would be happy to have "man Flu" which forced me to miss the game. Listened on Wish and still trying to understand why they didn't take the penalty near the end. Not only did Hull bomb the draw, but with our penchant for giving away stupid penalties, we could have easily lost by a point :doz:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
DaveO wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:So does every mistake now link to 'Waneball'?

What about other teams that don't play 'Waneball' surely they don't make any mistakes then right?
Did you not read what I wrote?

Right from the kick off after scoring a try we try a stupid move in our own 20m and give possession away.

We do it time and again. It is what people are constantly complaining about. Trying to put a move on in our 20m area that doesn't belong there. There was no reason to do it.

Your last comment sums it up!! You are saying we are doing something that you are not even sure exists!! :eh:
It was a figure of speech and you know it.

You also know exactly what I am on about.

It happens time and again so I am not sure what point you are trying to make.
TrueBlueWarrior

DaveO wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
DaveO wrote: Did you not read what I wrote?

It was a figure of speech and you know it.

You also know exactly what I am on about.

It happens time and again so I am not sure what point you are trying to make.
It's not a figure of speech it's an interpretation of a style of rugby from one other poster!!
TrueBlueWarrior

sc74 wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:

Did you want us to lose?

No, I was hoping for about 30 points on them, done it a convincing fashion.

Scraping past bottom of the league, at home, by a point? Really?
We were all hoping for that but when confidence is low and we are trying to bounce back from a thrashing, I think a win in any style was a good result!!

How did Warrington go on against Hull?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Kittwazzer wrote:
thegimble wrote:Win is a win but tbh more questions than answers.

Liam Farrell needs dropping. 2-3 penalties again and 1 try bombed. He is a liability.
By all accounts he could have backed himself for a try but passed to an unsuspecting Burgess who fumbled it!
Yes i did not make last night working early and Bilko mentioned he would have scored. He has been the most consistent player in SL for the last 2-3 years hardly a bad game this season he has been awful

Its really simple what ever Wayne has asked him to change he needs to go back to what he used to do.