SAM BURGESS

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: SAM BURGESS

Post by Mike »

I agree TBW. Its hard to get an answer from cp to explain his reasoning clearly at the moment. Seems like something is happening behind the scenes.

He just said that getting an early release to move to a higher paid job is the same as getting an early release from that higher paid job to move back to his lower paid job. Does that sound the same to you?

I wish he'd explain exactly what he does mean, rather than just saying I'm wrong in trying to make sense of his posts.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I never thought I would say this but CP for whatever reason I sense anger and bitterness in your posts, are you hiding something from us that is making you react this way? Is Sam not the only one being dishonest with his words/reasons/agenda however you want to put it? This is not a dig so don't get all stroppy it's a genuine observation, I have noticed a distinct change in you recently!!
You will have to explain what you mean TB anger and bitterness etc. to the subject matter or the posters themselves?

I am struggling to take Mike seriously these days but apart from that no change.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:
thegimble wrote:
cpwigan wrote: He left for money and he is coming back for money. Sam looks after Sam. If the truth is deemed cynical then so be it. Oops I forgot, Sam is homesick. :with:

Nothing wrong with chasing money. Better to be honest about it though do you not think?
So if the cap has not changed here and he got more in NZW tell me how are we going to pay him more now. The marquee signing is not passed yet and it could fail. So tell me how we are paying him more on the same cap and keeping a big squad as we have given the new deals last season and 2 this season.
Gimble, Sam was already the highest paid player in SL. IL even broke his own promise to do so. Sam signed as a potential Billy Slater, a Greg Inglis. He simply hasn't cut it in the NRL and his next contract in the NRL would have reflected that, it would not have been shabby but his NRL career is on a downward spiral and his contract would have reflected that. To make matters worse, Sam would have seen his salary halved in a much tougher / difficult competition.

Sam getting out early means a long contract, the biggest contract in SL and a standard that is nowhere near as tough or difficult. Let's say he gets 3, 4, 5 or even 6 years on silly money for SL then that works out better than 1 year of silly NRL money and 2 or 3 as an average NRL player.

Remember it is all about the money

:lol: All the above is of course bullshit because we all know Sam is homesick :with: likewise Sam spent a season telling you all he wasn't leaving / he hadn't signed anything. Call me cynical by all means but I would rather be so than resemble somebody who answers spoof emails telling him / her they have won millions :lol:

Far better to simply agree so I am sorry gullible err gimble. Ignore my view I was just making it all up and I am now singing from the same ghymn sheet as many :with: :with: :with: :with: :with: :with: :with: :with: :with:
His salary halved, where do you get that figure from?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'm just suggesting Sam could be homesick. Clearly thats impossible. Even so the level of hysteria that idea seems to have provoked is slightly alarming.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I never thought I would say this but CP for whatever reason I sense anger and bitterness in your posts, are you hiding something from us that is making you react this way? Is Sam not the only one being dishonest with his words/reasons/agenda however you want to put it? This is not a dig so don't get all stroppy it's a genuine observation, I have noticed a distinct change in you recently!!
You will have to explain what you mean TB anger and bitterness etc. to the subject matter or the posters themselves?

I am struggling to take Mike seriously these days but apart from that no change.
You have always been very opinionated and clearly have a wealth of knowledge. You always seemed to maintain a balance between positive and negative and ultimately your love of Wigan shone through even when you were adamant things were not right. However, recently you seem much more angry about certain topics than I have ever noticed before and it comes across as bitter (not sure this is the right word but all I can think of) about certain aspects of the club. Maybe I am way off the mark here and mean no offence and I am sure you will have a perfectly reasonable response but for me all does not seem well in cpwigan world regarding our club.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Isnt Sam T very close to Wane? just sayin........
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:

You have always been very opinionated and clearly have a wealth of knowledge. You always seemed to maintain a balance between positive and negative and ultimately your love of Wigan shone through even when you were adamant things were not right. However, recently you seem much more angry about certain topics than I have ever noticed before and it comes across as bitter (not sure this is the right word but all I can think of) about certain aspects of the club. Maybe I am way off the mark here and mean no offence and I am sure you will have a perfectly reasonable response but for me all does not seem well in cpwigan world regarding our club.
Not bitter probably just bored with SL and Wigan RLFC in general. To the best of my knowledge the world of Wigan RLFC hasn't changed but the lack of progress/the dumbness/the stupidity across SL incl our own club kills my positivity and results in boredom.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

When I joined the forces and served overseas I was very homesick. It was far from the first time that I'd been away from home as well.

Different people react in different ways to being in another country. All these people that mock or disregard homesickness are incredibly naive, or just plain ignorant. I can guess which category some fall in.

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Sutty wrote:When I joined the forces and served overseas I was very homesick. It was far from the first time that I'd been away from home as well.

Different people react in different ways to being in another country. All these people that mock or disregard homesickness are incredibly naive, or just plain ignorant. I can guess which category some fall in.
Depends upon what frame of mind your in when you leave for foreign shores too Sutty.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Slammin' Sam has apparently just had a wow of a game for Bath v London Irish, playing flanker rather than inside centre, and receiving the M.O.M
Maybe he still can make the World Cup squad.