Poor coaching by Wane AGAIN!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Poor coaching by Wane AGAIN!!!

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

the sully bar wrote:I love the fact that Gelling turned up for the game on a BMX that he had bought that day from cash converters in town , riding past all the fans the blokes a loon lol :)
Gelling is a crap centre, he should be in the forwards or shipped out to Workington. He is going to cost us big time.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Premium wrote:Totally agree with your comments. AGAIN and AGaIN we lack quality and direction from our scrum half

Yes today was a very hard game which we managed to grind out a win but Saints as keiron Cunningham said they played with no halves it would have been a different story had they had any recognised half backs on the pitch

that said you could not fault the effort from us today but I for one would like to see some real quality from a half back who can create unless it changes the players will have to grind out games with Wins like this which sooner or later will take its toll on the players George Williams looks like a great prospect

I'm desperate to see some quality rugby we need a quality scrum half and a centre to replace Gelling who almost put us in a danger with his silly air head decision making
Somebody like Joe Wardle from Huddersfield would be ideal to replace Gelling
I'm glad we beat Saints today but as I have said before the warning signs are there and somthing needs to be done to sharpen up our attacking options
Lance Hoho played in the halves for New Zealand, KFC doesn't know what he is talking about!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Watching the highlights, I don't see this difference in style in the first 20 vs the second 20 that cp was talking about. Seems pretty consistent throughout the match so far. The big difference I saw was poor last tackle kicks mainly due to pressure from Saints on the kicker. We had a few that only made 20 metres in the air.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
jobo

Post by jobo »

Kittwazzer wrote:The Wigan players won today not Wane. It remains a case of Lions led by a donkey!

Here would be an example of smart coaching missing. Penalty seconds remaining, 2-3 tackles in those condition, at that score, low scoring, you take 1 point! We never even tried, we followed whatever dumb instructions the players have to follow!

Hang on, your second paragraph contradicts the first. If the Wigan players won rather than Wane, then surely it was their choice to ignore the one point?

You can't have it both ways! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

cpwigan wrote: Gelling is simply not good enough.
Gelling is leading try scorer, leading try assist, leading on metres made, he's made the most tackles amongst the backs, second on tackle busts, second on clean breaks, he's only been responsible for three penalties.

His problem is he makes too many errors as Wane alluded to during the week

But

Yesterday was one of only four players to make a clean break. second on Tackle busts, made less errors than Budgie.

Why he's not contributed so much, we'll ship the lad off to Workington before he costs us big time :eusa17:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Yea lance played there but he was mostly a fullback and a very good one in his day.as for all the gelling comments he passes when he should run and vice versa.the little skip before passing to manfredi was a joke which cost us a try.good centres use that extra second(that he lost us with the skip) to produce the goods.a big lad like him should also know how to take the ball in low and not get thrown into touch.also passing a ridiculous pass with a few minutes remaining really pissed me off( up the jumper time even at amateur level.)what did sw quote" rocks and diamonds"? More like rocks and boulders I think
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
menpond

Post by menpond »

Not sure about poor coaching,but Gelling needs personal attention ,possibly to calm down and not be so hyper. No centre would prosper at Wigan at the moment,including Sarge. no go forward movement and space being generated. Players will be knackered by playing attritional rugby every week,especially with our ridiculously lightweight team. WE WILL FAIL THIS YEAR. Note C.Ashton has really blossomed late in life,now as good as our Leeds test winger. Would be a major asset at WIGAN.
mp
brynmon

Post by brynmon »

I am sure someone on this forum knows Shaun Wane and could introduce him to CP so that CP could tell him to his face that he is a 'dumb coach' and also advise him on his coaching skills.
BriH

Post by BriH »

cpwigan wrote:Got to feed the trolls as they have been clamouring.

TODAY Wigan won INSPITE of Wane.

If you do not believe it look at the times early on and late on when we scored. At the start and the last quarter we played basic direct RL which given the conditions was ideal.

When we resorted to Waneball we went backwards and invited Saints into the game to the point a game that in the circumstance should have been an easy win became nip and tuck.

For a coach not to have learned from the GF, for a coach not adapt his gameplan to the conditions is POOR!

You sound like you wished we had lost! Then it would definitely be Shaun Wane's fault - or would it?
I thought it was a fantastic game with both sides giving it their all. Can't ask for anything more and we won!!!

The Wigan players won today not Wane. It remains a case of Lions led by a donkey!

Here would be an example of smart coaching missing. Penalty seconds remaining, 2-3 tackles in those condition, at that score, low scoring, you take 1 point! We never even tried, we followed whatever dumb instructions the players have to follow!
:D :D :D :D :D :D
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

i'm spartacus wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Gelling is simply not good enough.
Gelling is leading try scorer, leading try assist, leading on metres made, he's made the most tackles amongst the backs, second on tackle busts, second on clean breaks, he's only been responsible for three penalties.

His problem is he makes too many errors as Wane eluded to during the week

But

Yesterday was one of only four players to make a clean break. second on Tackle busts, made less errors than Budgie.

Why he's not contributed so much, we'll ship the lad off to Workington before he costs us big time :eusa17:

Imagine the praise and addoration that he would be getting if he was Worsley Mesnes born n bred, Gellings only crime (apart from the odd mistake) is being an import :lol: