Lance: I may quit Saints

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
PaulC

Re: Lance: I may quit Saints

Post by PaulC »

Id never gloat if any player intentionally seriously injured or ended someone's career, thats not rugby and it doesn't have a place in any sport. However theres no way Ben is responsible for this yet that is whats being insinuated.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

St Helens won last season's Grand Final at Old Trafford, although Hohaia was unable to continue in the match after the incident involving Flower

The former New Zealand international accepted a one-game ban for striking Flower with his forearm, which led to the Wigan prop's retaliation.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league

WOW that's a first,,
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

Given St Helens rather odd press statement i suspect they didnt want this quote from him coming out but once he'd gone he's free,within reason to say what he wants I trust he clarify the symptoms and what his doctors say but its a cloud that will refuse to go away becuase to leave it like this isnt really on and i suspect St Helens feel the same way.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I would never wish ill on anyone, but this guy is just a POS :angry:

It's in all tomorrows papers with similar headlines
Grand Final punch victim Lance Hohaia forced to retire because of 'recurrent concussion-type symptoms
How bad is that? As someone said, he's already played eight games this season. The new concussion rules would not have let him play any of these games if he was suffering in any way from 'concussion'!

Is he & the media determined to make Ben Flower pay for the rest of his career for one moment of madness in a grand final??

I'm fuming over this
:angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

PaulC wrote:Great, so its all Ben's fault!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/32525472

A ridiculous and dangerous statement by Lance IMO
I didn't see where he said it was Flower's fault but the BBC article by simply mentioning the GF incident clearly implies they are linked.

You may as well say Muhammad Ali ended up a basket case because Henry Cooper knocked him the down once.

It's said for Hohaia but at 32 he's been going to have been banged about plenty of times in his career so the clear implication it's Flower's fault is sensationalism.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

So let's get this straight.

Stains sack Hohaia so they can sign a new full back, in the process the blame for sacking the player most reviled during his time at the smellies and the "blame" is being put on only one incident in his entire playing career from over 6 months ago?

If Lenighan had any bottle I would go straight to Court and sue for libel (or at least force a retraction). Proof would be very hard for Hohaia, so gobshites spouting bile like they are doing, to simply dress up player recruitment would be stopped immediately
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

No big deal IMO. Did you expect a journalist to miss the opportunity to bring up a big story again when the opportunity arises?

As far as I can tell noone at St Helens or Hohaia have made the connection or even mentioned it?

This will be over in a few days. But expect any story involving BF to mention the GF punch. The bigger the story the more chance of a mention. There's nothing anyone can do about that.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

This is a cheap shot pointed at Wigan and Ben Flower in particular.
The little grub is just peed off that he was cleaned out by a Brit and there's nothing he can do in retaliation but bring up trash aimed at Ben.
Stains are also included in this drivel as it wouldn't surprise me one bit that they were looking for more space under the salary cap to bring in a big name signing. Hohia leaving IMMEDIATELY allows this to happen. Hohia knows this but has to leave his mark on Ben flower before he goes. The little coward couldn't retaliate toe to toe as he hasn't got what it takes so he takes the cowards option by going to the press with this drivel.
Man up Hohia, you aimed the first shot with your forearm in to Bens face and got a retaliation. Your intent was there that day, clear by all to see.
Now get gone.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

butt monkey wrote:So let's get this straight.

Stains sack Hohaia so they can sign a new full back, in the process the blame for sacking the player most reviled during his time at the smellies and the "blame" is being put on only one incident in his entire playing career from over 6 months ago?

If Lenighan had any bottle I would go straight to Court and sue for libel (or at least force a retraction). Proof would be very hard for Hohaia, so gobshites spouting bile like they are doing, to simply dress up player recruitment would be stopped immediately
I am with you on this. Time the club did the right thing and go for this comment by the throat. with legal clout. Make the grub and Stains put up or shut up.This is not going to do Ben any good at all in fact could ruin the lad. :(
BriH

Post by BriH »

PaulC wrote:No, but what pees me off is the guys trained all off season, played 8 matches and only now mentions it. Its the kind of statement that could really effect ben and the game.

It all seems fishy to me, why didnt Stains press release say that. Sounds like lance needed an excuse and hes made one
My thoughts entirely PaulC - "He said: "I have been experiencing recurrent post match concussion-type symptoms since returning to play."

So, why carry on playing knowing you have a problem??
Was he not given medical advice from the Saints and/or RFL medical staff??

Then, in the next breath, he says he wants to go to the States with his American wife!!

As we say in Marra Land - shutum upen Gobban.
Never liked the little s...e.