Paul Deacon linked with move to Sale Sharks

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
slimshady

Re: Paul Deacon linked with move to Sale Sharks

Post by slimshady »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
sc74 wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: We're reading out of the same book here, he takes the kings ransom and that's it with me too.
With all due respect, do we know what the situation is?
I know for sure I wouldn't like to be SW's coach/assistant/driver/chef etc.

Maybe he sees it that if he leaves on his own terms, then his future is more secure.
I understand what your saying SC.
I am anti union in a big way, and go against any move like this.
It's just the way I am and nothing personal against anyone on here.
The problem we all have with union is the actual product, its sh1te. We cant get our heads around the fact that wealthy dickheads think its great, the skill levels even now are poor. They poach our best players/coaches with big money contracts that we can only dream of and we sit here in amazement.
We have a product thats great even though I personally think that what we are watching in the last couple of years is dumbed down RL. The game has been run by utter tossers for as long as I can recall, backward thinking amateurs. We are watching the slow death of a great sport and we sit here and do nothing, we should all be ashamed.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Basically what Sale were offering Deacon was far more than what Wigan pay him. Forget double, much MORE.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:Basically what Sale were offering Deacon was far more than what Wigan pay him. Forget double, much MORE.
And some on this forum want these guys to show loyalty, they need to get real!
:exc:
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Loyalty is a luxury that few can afford.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Basically what Sale were offering Deacon was far more than what Wigan pay him. Forget double, much MORE.
We know loyalty doesn't exist when money talks but to lay down and say "that's jolly well done, I'm with you all the way":doesn't come out of my book.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Maybe he wanted out of his job and this was the only one available/suitable?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
We know loyalty doesn't exist when money talks but to lay down and say "that's jolly well done, I'm with you all the way":doesn't come out of my book.
Exactly, loyalty this days does not exist and too many now in League are now never satisfied with what they get and even go to the extent of lowering themselves in Union to get more money on the excuse they have a short career.

Greedy people in my book and before anyone says that union players did the same coming to our game, they came for far less and bettered themselves in Rugby League as Union at the time was not what it is now with Leagues, Cup competitions and massive sponsorships as a result of the 'Gin & Tonic' brigade turning full circle and accepting that players be paid after condemning Professionalism for over a century which led to the birth of our game.

Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: And some on this forum want these guys to show loyalty, they need to get real!
Exactly, loyalty this days does not exist and too many now in League are now never satisfied with what they get and even go to the extent of lowering themselves in Union to get more money on the excuse they have a short career.

Greedy people in my book and before anyone says that union players did the same coming to our game, they came for far less and bettered themselves in Rugby League as Union at the time was not what it is now with Leagues, Cup competitions and massive sponsorships as a result of the 'Gin & Tonic' brigade turning full circle and accepting that players be paid after condemning Professionalism for over a century which led to the birth of our game.

Have to disagree WW.

Union players came to League for exactly the same reason that League players (and staff) are going to Union.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

sc74 wrote:Loyalty is a luxury that few can afford.
Loyalty is for fans only tbh. We expect the same level from the players or coaches as we give.

When your lively hood and a better standard of living is offered to you then 99.9% of people take the offer. And who can blame them for doing that.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Wintergreen wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: We know loyalty doesn't exist when money talks but to lay down and say "that's jolly well done, I'm with you all the way":doesn't come out of my book.

Have to disagree WW.

Union players came to League for exactly the same reason that League players (and staff) are going to Union.
Not exactly, when Union players came to League before Union sold its soul, they were part time and a job was or had to be part of the contract. The same applied to our own players, many of whom were Miners who on occasions did a shift down a pit before a game.

Thankfully, only a trickle compared to a flood have gone to Union for more money than what came the other way and like I said before, most of the trickle has been from our club.

So it would appear that that most players in our game and indeed our club are content with playing a better game rather than the money to be part of 'kick and clap'.

Job contentment is more important to some than money but it would appear not all!