Is IL Deluded?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Is IL Deluded?

Post by Mike »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Having readthe opening post. It seems the comments made in a dressing room after a GF loss are being taken out of context.

One thing is for sure IL is no Dr Koolcash screaming shouting and stopping players leave after losses.

IL is hardly going to lay it on thick in the changing rooms after the game.

The one thing i hope will take place is a full and thorough review of the season and tough decisions taken to ensure we strive for success.
Wow. A reasonable comment. You don't see that every day! I agree this is what I would like to see. A bit of a pep talk followed by a realistic review of the season and a plan to resolve any issues.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

i honestly think if we never won a game again .... some people would still be happy :roll:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

If deluded means deluded then NO. Anyone who believes Tout Court that having a youth policy is meaningless, now that's deluded. A person may think its pointless, senseless but meaningless. Come on. :)
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

How can you say IL is deluded ,its business talk ,say what the fans want to hear .We all wanted to win every game but is finishing second after such a transitional time really that bad ? It could have been worse ,just look at the Bulls.. Ive said it many times .

Edited by Mod
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

up the junction wrote: How can you say IL is deluded ,its business talk ,say what the fans want to hear .We all wanted to win every game but is finishing second after such a transitional time really that bad ? It could have been worse ,just look at the Bulls.. Ive said it many times .Edited by mod
I have challenged and questioned and agreed with him many times. Never found any of the above to be true.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

kevccool wrote:I think the margins are so small. Like a previous poster has said we could have easily won the last 2 grand finals (a moment of madness and a knock on apart). If that had of happened IL is a hero, Shaun Wane is hero and everything is rosy. Two small incidents that IL had no control over end up defining him! I think we sometimes have to remember that Rugby is only a sport and is only entertainment. We as supporters all want to win and demand the best but mistakes on the pitch happen and someone has to win and lose. I left Old Trafford disappointed, proud of the effort and thoroughly entertained. I took my little boy to his first game and the smile on his face all game (he had no idea who won or lost!) meant more to me than winning any game of rugby - perhaps some of the doom mongers need more in their life?
Well said! I suspect you speak for many fans. I'm a lifelong Wigan supporter and remember the serious stick I got (working in Yorkshire) when we were relegated in late 70s. I'm proud to have stuck with the team/club through thick and thin . . . but there are many things in my life that are more important than rugby. A 43 year old good friend of mine died last week undergoing a lung transplant op. I think its called perspective, Kev.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐