Kevin Sinfield nominated for Sports Personality of the Year 2015

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Sinfield

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Andy Murray winning SPOTY is like Hitler winning the Nobel Peace Prize!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
DaveO

Re: Kevin Sinfield nominated for Sports Personality of the Year 2015

Post by DaveO »

With Fury effectively excluding himself from the voting by opening his mouth I wonder how much that affected the voting?

I think he was odds on until the controversy started.

Boxers who win world titles usually attract a lot of votes especially one who defeats a long time champion on his home turf. I bet there are fair few RL fans who would have voted for Fury and not Sinfield or any other RL player had Fury not completely blown it.

What Fury did was World Class in his sport.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Thought he spoke really well and was very complimentary about his colleagues putting Rugby League in a good light.
As already said in a previous post, it would have been interesting how the BBC would have presented it should he have won. Would the vote have been rigged?
jao711

Post by jao711 »

I am not a Leeds fan ,I have watched Wigan since 1954,and Iam still a season ticket holder.Frankly I am disgusted with some of the remarks about Kevin Sinfield on this board.It was a really good showing for the game ,but it seems we have a lot of one eyed "fans".Take a look at other boards on RL fans,where some real RL fans posted.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

jao711 wrote:I am not a Leeds fan ,I have watched Wigan since 1954,and Iam still a season ticket holder.Frankly I am disgusted with some of the remarks about Kevin Sinfield on this board.It was a really good showing for the game ,but it seems we have a lot of one eyed "fans".Take a look at other boards on RL fans,where some real RL fans posted.
I'm not denying it's nice to see someone from rugby league there but the guy has the charisma of a wet bag, he has been the definition of beige his entire career and let's face it if he wasn't a decent kicker he wouldn't of had much of a career highlight reel

The shame of it is as time has gone on there are very few "characters" left in not just rugby league but sport in general.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
jao711 wrote:I am not a Leeds fan ,I have watched Wigan since 1954,and Iam still a season ticket holder.Frankly I am disgusted with some of the remarks about Kevin Sinfield on this board.It was a really good showing for the game ,but it seems we have a lot of one eyed "fans".Take a look at other boards on RL fans,where some real RL fans posted.
I'm not denying it's nice to see someone from rugby league there but the guy has the charisma of a wet bag, he has been the definition of beige his entire career and let's face it if he wasn't a decent kicker he wouldn't of had much of a career highlight reel

The shame of it is as time has gone on there are very few "characters" left in not just rugby league but sport in general.
The show is based on this season and not his whole playing career and what I heard him say was far from wet and boring.
The bloke made a point of talking up Rugby League which goes a long way in my book, and good on him for doing this instead of trolling on about his current team and new sport which he could so easily have done.
We all know he's never been the finest of Rugby League players, but last night he was an ambassador for the sport and the good majority of people I've spoken to were impressed, not many are Leeds fans either.
Was told he was only 85k votes behind a real wet cloth of a sportsman, and over 200k votes ahead of Enniskillen.
Not bad for the sport of Rugby League, as it shows the beeb that the sport has a good following.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

:lol: Don't you mean Jessica Ennis-Hill??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:

The show is based on this season and not his whole playing career and what I heard him say was far from wet and boring.
The bloke made a point of talking up Rugby League which goes a long way in my book, and good on him for doing this instead of trolling on about his current team and new sport which he could so easily have done.
We all know he's never been the finest of Rugby League players, but last night he was an ambassador for the sport and the good majority of people I've spoken to were impressed, not many are Leeds fans either.
Was told he was only 85k votes behind a real wet cloth of a sportsman, and over 200k votes ahead of Enniskillen.
Not bad for the sport of Rugby League, as it shows the beeb that the sport has a good following.
Well put and I agree!

jobo

Post by jobo »

nitsua wrote:What a sad little person you are!!! :angry: :baaa:
:eh:

Who nitsua??
jobo

Post by jobo »

nitsua wrote:
sheepsteeth wrote:I'm made up he didn't win.

In fact i was greatly disappointed he even got nominated.
Sorry!! I meant this person.
I see. It was a bit of a sad post by sheepsteeth.