Ferres Transfer Listed

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Ferres Transfer Listed

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Alas Ted I believe the away form is the result of a misguided coaching philosophy. Still, it may change.
If only for the same old retoric to cease!
Come on WW enlighten us, why is our away form so poor?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Alas Ted I believe the away form is the result of a misguided coaching philosophy. Still, it may change.
If only for the same old retoric to cease!
I don't know and neither do you, despite making glib comments like 'a misguided coaching philosophy'

Anyone would think that you were a qualified Coach to make those kind of comments.

shaunedwardsfanclub

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: If only for the same old retoric to cease!
I don't know and neither do you, despite making glib comments like 'a misguided coaching philosophy'

Anyone would think that you were a qualified Coach to make those kind of comments.

Firstly, I didn't make any 'glib' comments. Secondly, how do you know that I am not a qualified coach? Thirdly, if you have no idea, why are you so sure that CPW is not right?

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: Come on WW enlighten us, why is our away form so poor?

Firstly, I didn't make any 'glib' comments. Secondly, how do you know that I am not a qualified coach? Thirdly, if you have no idea, why are you so sure that CPW is not right?

Every comment you made WW is glib and that is polite. It is certainly not considered.

My comment is based on consideration and is balanced in that Wane offers many fine qualities bar his coaching philosophy in possession. A philosophy that contradict several more knowledgeable and successful RL people. If you done not understand the importance of winning the first two tackles BOTH in attack and defence then every game you have witnesses live or wherever in the last few seasons has been wasted,
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: I don't know and neither do you, despite making glib comments like 'a misguided coaching philosophy'

Every comment you made WW is glib and that is polite. It is certainly not considered.

My comment is based on consideration and is balanced in that Wane offers many fine qualities bar his coaching philosophy in possession. A philosophy that contradict several more knowledgeable and successful RL people. If you done not understand the importance of winning the first two tackles BOTH in attack and defence then every game you have witnesses live or wherever in the last few seasons has been wasted,
We all know by now your opinion on Wane being the Coach of Wigan, so why keep going on about it.

If you are so concerned that Wane is not the right person for the job, why not write to IL and explain why in your opinion he has made the wrong choice instead of keep repeating parrot fashion it to the minority of suppporters who even bother to look at this website

What use is that?

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:

We all know by now your opinion on Wane being the Coach of Wigan, so why keep going on about it.

If you are so concerned that Wane is not the right person for the job, why not write to IL and explain why in your opinion he has made the wrong choice instead of keep repeating parrot fashion it to the minority of suppporters who even bother to look at this website

What use is that?
I have voiced my opinion elsewhere but privately/politely. You will notice that most of what I said was actually very complimentary. Did I suggest appointing a new coach in the previous posts? No, you seem to think that if somebody says something both positive and negative that all that matters is the negative particularly when it is contrary to you unreasoned belief/view. Interestingly you avoided answering a perfectly reasonable post by SEFC.

I have no ambition beyond trying to understand what I am watching; One reason why I do not believe in 'drinking' whilst watching ANY sport. I learn by reading/watching and then observing.

Simple example. Watch it, appreciate, learn

[youtube]https://youtu.be/W1AFCp7XIG8?t=291[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/W1AFCp7XIG8?t=291

Subscribed to RLCM years ago. Best RL education on the planet IMO

[youtube]https://youtu.be/16Y_aHeJS0E?t=62[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/16Y_aHeJS0E?t=62

You can see why Trent B is now first grade NRL coach

RL is the same game whatever age you play but the understanding/awareness in unbelievable at top level whether you name is Wane or Madge

Another good one uses that word philosophy;

[youtube]https://youtu.be/i9i0cIMo6sM?t=38[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/i9i0cIMo6sM?t=38

Another good one, John Winder was there!

[youtube]https://youtu.be/yz_lVWrVyN8?t=275[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/yz_lVWrVyN8?t=275

FWIIW, one of my views is that the Wigan senior players need to become far better decision makers. So it is not just the coach; BUT the coach etc are a large part of developing that decision making. Wigan IMO threw the GF away by bad decision making last year. I would hope to see the Wigan leadership players being trained to make decisions under high stress.

There are no complete answers but we owe it to ourselves to learn / understand particularly when you spend so much time/money on so something. So no EVERYONE has a right to discuss/learn. Strewth it is not my ideal scenario but if somebody pays, wants to get drunk on cat piss and then spew verbal vomit during the game then so be it. it's not me but they have rights.

Nobody should never stop learning; not even Jack Gibson if he was still alive.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Sorry, cpwigan, but I still think you need to write to IL about what you consider to be the failings of Wane as the Head Coach, especially after going to so time and trouble in your reply to prove your repetative opinion of him on a website which is only viewed by a minority of the club support.

Just a suggestion!

shaunedwardsfanclub

Whelley Warrior wrote:What happened to the criticism of Wigan signing players of 30 years of age or over.

Talk about hypocrisy!

A player who despite his form and career has not attracted any attention by other clubs other than Leeds.

No better than what we already have in age, experience and youth.
Like it or not we tried very hard to sign him but he wanted to stay in Yorkshire. That, in my eyes, means that Wane, Rads and Co. had a different view about Ferres than you had!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Sorry, cpwigan, but I still think you need to write to IL about what you consider to be the failings of Wane as the Head Coach, especially after going to so time and trouble in your reply to prove your repetative opinion of him on a website which is only viewed by a minority of the club support.

Just a suggestion!

I speak to / have contact with whomever I see fit and that may / may not include Wigan RLFC (I will leave you to work it out given I like to discuss/learn RL from those with greater knowledge than myself).

Just remember - decisions are made that are good and decisions are made that are bad. Blindly supporting something / someone is WRONG / VERY WRONG just as the opposite is very wrong too.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Surprised we tried "very hard" to sign Ferres.
Where would we have played him, back row?
We have Faz, Joel, Bateman who are all better than Ferres plus Isa. That's not including any younger player we might wish to promote into the back row.

Don't get that one!