Wigan v Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Re: Wigan v Hull KR

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Was John Bateman knocked out late on in the game, wish FM said it was a bad knock and he looked knocked out.
Hope he's OK, takes a lot to put him down this way, very fit strong bloke.
Concussion again but seems okay.
I worry about the again in your quote there Josie.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Like I have said on another thread, perhaps the time has come for only one game over the Easter Weeekend when every season, Easter Monday results in some strange results and clubs playing weaken teams, especially if like Wigan they are playing another top or good team in the next game.
Think Wish FM put their finger on it last night. With no premier league football on over the weekend the RFL should have got to Sky and said one match on six successive nights but of course having sold out to Sky we are up a gumtree with the proverbial Koala..
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

butt monkey wrote:
Mike wrote:Thought it was a pretty interesting selection today. Enough to get the win and expose a few more players to SL. At HT I thought we'd been dominant and that Hull were tiring badly. Then we conceded two tries through unnecessary errors. That made it a lot closer looking than it was. The only thing that annoyed me today was Joel carrying there ball in one hand after making a break and losing it. Stupid.

Well done Wane for utilising our squad at a difficult part of the season and doing so in a way that didn't cost us points unlike the other two teams in the top 3
Good surmise there Mike

I was annoyed when, on the third tackle, only just after getting back in front, Manfredi threw a needless pass to nobody in particular and then, next tackle see another penalty given away that saw Hull KR regain the lead.

Poor game management and control at a time Wigan were crying out for it.

Wigan were lucky in a few incidents and relied on a very sloppy pass from Dixon for Charnley to race away and put us back in front.

They noticeably tired after that and started to miss numerous one on one tackles, coupled with Joel being taken off to reduce the number of penalties being gifted to them :wink:

Solid if unspectacular but I cannot for the life of me figure out how Tierney got a place straight into full back after being out the side for so long. Looked well off the pace and very shaky under there kicking game

Thought at one point Sarge played stand off when Bateman went off not loose forward as some have said :doz:
That was me BM. You would of thought the logical thing to do would move lockers back to 13 and play sarg at stand off but he didn't. Sarg played 13 for that spell. Defending in the middle as the worst tackler in the club :blush:
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

ian.birchall wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:Like I have said on another thread, perhaps the time has come for only one game over the Easter Weeekend when every season, Easter Monday results in some strange results and clubs playing weaken teams, especially if like Wigan they are playing another top or good team in the next game.
Think Wish FM put their finger on it last night. With no premier league football on over the weekend the RFL should have got to Sky and said one match on six successive nights but of course having sold out to Sky we are up a gumtree with the proverbial Koala..
The contract may not cover as many as six games in a week on different days.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mike wrote:Thought it was a pretty interesting selection today. Enough to get the win and expose a few more players to SL. At HT I thought we'd been dominant and that Hull were tiring badly. Then we conceded two tries through unnecessary errors. That made it a lot closer looking than it was. The only thing that annoyed me today was Joel carrying there ball in one hand after making a break and losing it. Stupid.

Well done Wane for utilising our squad at a difficult part of the season and doing so in a way that didn't cost us points unlike the other two teams in the top 3
It took 60 minutes to get the beating of
"We had three 17-year-old kids playing, our average age was 21"
Negligently using our squad is not what I want to see. Interestingly John Bateman flogged himself again yet recurring head knocks to a player playing week in week out is fine by fans and a coach who you all seem to forget said on his arrival, John Bateman will not play week in week out, he will regularly be rested. Whatever happened to that? Does a fullback, Sarge need a rest at this stage of the season or Sam Powell? How many minutes has Sam played in total? The reserve bench was a shocking selection.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

josie andrews wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Was John Bateman knocked out late on in the game, wish FM said it was a bad knock and he looked knocked out.
Are we any better than Saints though Josie :exc:

LH ?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
I worry about the again in your quote there Josie.
Why? It happened twice in the game! It's a precaution when a player gets banged on the head to take them off under the "concussion" rule.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BriH

Post by BriH »

josie andrews wrote:After a strenuous & hard fought win on Friday, I think the players need a bit of slack!

Yes, there were bound to be some mistakes but we won as tired & hurt bodies displayed a great amount of grit & fortitude to win comfortably in the end.

It's going to be hard again on Friday v Warrington & we should get behind & support the team in which is the hardest period of the season, we've won two out of two so far in the short turnaround.

All I can say is 'Well Done Wigan Warriors' & 'Good Luck on Friday'.
As always, Josie, a fair summing up and roll on Friday (maybe!!)
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Before HT we have seven posters moaning and complaining.Talk about glass half empty.Anyway massive 2nd half effort from the lads against a KR team that didn't play badly,but faded .If you think Easter Monday is easy take a look at the other results.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

We made hard work of it first half, even though we could blame the officials for their second try.
They needed to waken up second half and fortunately they did with about 15 mins on the board.
We got the two points that mattered but it was hard work and somewhat expectedly so.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield