Rumour - Is Gleeson coming to Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Re: Rumour - Is Gleeson co...

Post by GeoffN »

MrsLam posted:
wiresphs posted:
Do you all really think that the amount of money it would take to buy Gleeson out of his contract at the Wire, would be worthwhile and couldnt be spent more wisely for the good of your club? :blush:
Good point. He must be on his way already.
Yep. Going to be really confusing when Martin, Mark and Sean are all playing here.
Get your "Gleesons" shirts now!
wiresphs

Post by wiresphs »

:blush: I would be surprised, nay astounded, if he were to leave Warrington! Like it or like it not, great things are happening at our club, there has been a lot of investment and capital expenditure within the club, crowds are flocking to the HJ, the Wire are looking to recruit world class international players, Rauhihi and Orford to name but Two, in fact whenever a world class player becomes available now, Warrington are nearly always mentioned in the same breath.(Makes a change from the dark days when we had to sell our top players to stay afloat, i am sure you would agree). Granted such a huge turn-around in fortunes does not happen overnight, (especially on the playing-field), but a majority of results this season would tend to tell you that a change in our fortunes is not a million miles away! Put all of these reasons together with the fact that the Wire are one of a few clubs that have not been blighted with disruptions within the club, playing staff, coaches and the board in recent times and it all points to a club worth being involved in, not one that you would want to jump ship from. The only pressure at our club is coming from the fans who crave success and if they are a little patient, they will get it! No matter how much you dislike Warrington RLFC, it would take a complete blithering idiot to say that they are "Not" a club on the way up! (Hang on while i put my soap box away)! :blush:
heydude

Post by heydude »

yes would be good for the club because it would mean another wigan lad in the team and he'd be proud to wear the colours of cherry and white. :tong:
don't eat yellow snow
heydude

Post by heydude »

wiresphs posted:
:blush: I would be surprised, nay astounded, if he were to leave Warrington! Like it or like it not, great things are happening at our club, there has been a lot of investment and capital expenditure within the club, crowds are flocking to the HJ, the Wire are looking to recruit world class international players, Rauhihi and Orford to name but Two, in fact whenever a world class player becomes available now, Warrington are nearly always mentioned in the same breath.(Makes a change from the dark days when we had to sell our top players to stay afloat, i am sure you would agree). Granted such a huge turn-around in fortunes does not happen overnight, (especially on the playing-field), but a majority of results this season would tend to tell you that a change in our fortunes is not a million miles away! Put all of these reasons together with the fact that the Wire are one of a few clubs that have not been blighted with disruptions within the club, playing staff, coaches and the board in recent times and it all points to a club worth being involved in, not one that you would want to jump ship from. The only pressure at our club is coming from the fans who crave success and if they are a little patient, they will get it! No matter how much you dislike Warrington RLFC, it would take a complete blithering idiot to say that they are "Not" a club on the way up! (Hang on while i put my soap box away)! :blush:
sorry but are you on something who have you signed for this season apart from gleeson,two kiwis one that's injury prone and been at your club then went to two other clubs and sat on the sidelines and can back and the other kiwi is a bradford reject and only shows glimpses of what he can do.
don't eat yellow snow
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

wiresphs posted:
No matter how much you dislike Warrington RLFC, it would take a complete blithering idiot to say that they are "Not" a club on the way up! (Hang on while i put my soap box away)! :blush:
I don't dislike Wire at all. I have always had a lot of respect for the team ever since they were the only we side lost to in one particualr season when we only lost two games in total, both to Wire.

As to Gleeson while all the things you say about the club may be true he is a Wigan lad and my fancy a crack at playing for his home town club especially as his former mentor is now coach.

So while things are going well for Wire that might not be that big a deal to him.

Dave
wiresphs

Post by wiresphs »

:roll: Surface the "blithering idiot"! (Keep an eye on the papers in the next couple of weeks sonny jim young fellow me lad)! :wink:
heydude

Post by heydude »

wiresphs posted:
:roll: Surface the "blithering idiot"! (Keep an eye on the papers in the next couple of weeks sonny jim young fellow me lad)! :wink:
one blithering idiot here to tell the other blithering idiot answer my question why are you on the up not impressed me with them two signings oh could this be the matt orford signing the guy who can't get into the state of origin or the national team and kimmorley completely embarrassed the other week.
don't eat yellow snow
wiresphs

Post by wiresphs »

:cool: Possibly DaveO and i can see where you are coming from, but i again reiterate, the cash that would have to be involved to buy Gleeson out of his contract would be "phenomenal" and if Wigan were willing to pay that sort of money and i were Simon Moran, i would be sorely tempted to accept it! He has already stated that he has no interset in benefiting financially from Warrington RLFC, as he is a successful business man outside of rugby league. (Knowing him personally as i have done for over 30 years i tend to believe him).Any money gained will be ploughed back in to the club and money like that could possibly pay for Three top class players.(Not that we need the cash at this moment in time), but you would seriously have to weigh up what was "BEST", for Warrington RLFC! (There would still be life after Gleeson). One aspect that people on your message board seem to have forgotten is that Martin pubicly stated that he looked forward to playing in the same team as his brother Mark, but has never pubicly stated that he was unhappy at signing for Warrington as he wanted to sign for Wigan, has he? Me thinks that certain rumour-mongers have put Two and Two together, whilst clutching at straws, and arrived at the number "FIVE"! Only time will tell! :wink:
wiresphs

Post by wiresphs »

:angry: Firstly sonny, no-body "tells me what to do", especially somebody that stoops as low as to use yankie, (spit), slang in their name! Whats up? Not proud to be British!
Secondly i think that it is quite obvious to all, except your good self, that Mr Orford is using Warringtons interest to help bump up his wages in Aus and has no intention of coming over to blighty! "Do you not agree"?
Thirdly, "Salary cap"! I take it you have heard this phrase, when these players were signed, we were "WELL" below the maximum salary cap, so players were signed to help us keep within this limit. These players are doing exceptionally well as i am sure you noticed the last time we played your good selves!
Next season you will find that we have the Maximum salary cap open to us and i am sure, ney positive this will reflect in our close season signings! We will then be on a level playing field with the "SO CALLED" top five clubs for the first time, with plenty of cash in the bank, should be interesting! :wink:
heydude

Post by heydude »

what this sonny thing trying to sound older than you are.please i know warrington is rife with drugs but stay off them.warrington are an average team and for the last several games we have been making poor and average teams look good hello that's why we have ian millward now idiot.finally i am not british i am english and dam well proud of it {impolite word removed by moderator}. :D
don't eat yellow snow