Wigan v Hull

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Wigan v Hull

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Cherry_Warrior wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Void of ideas simple as that.

Radford started pro coaching in 2013 and he's just, IMO, schooled the old head.

Wigan are flat lining under wane and until that is rectified we will be miles off.

He either changes the way we play or we change him.
Here Here :eusa17:

Prime example of Shaun Wanes expertise. Taking Gildart off and putting an injured Sarginson back on because he thinks he's more experienced. I just wish he would actually grow a spine and do whats right by Wigan. I can guarantee my house Lockers, Joel, Crosby and ISA will be first on his team sheet next week but after that performance they wouldn't get a reserve game for me. Is this just me who thinks this or im I going insane? Does form count for anything these days or is it a case of who you know or how much dosh your on?
You've missed two players off that list Cherry, Mossop and Smith they are both bloody awful and have been for some time but they seem bullet proof!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

mickw wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote: Void of ideas simple as that.

Wigan are flat lining under wane and until that is rectified we will be miles off.

your not wrong, in his after match interview he actually said we're all about detail! JASUS that's exactly what's lacking every week.
He needs to go.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Shouting and bawling only has a short term effect and the truth is we have no structure in attack because no one on the coaching staff knows how to produce one.
We could not create an overlap if we had 15 players because we don`t have an architect to set up one.
Sorry Shaun, but we need to ask Maguire to come back or someone of that quality & could he PLEASE bring a halfback who can kick, we are like a Manchester United without any strikers, it just wouldn't happen, so WHY at WIGAN ?????????
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Cherry_Warrior wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Void of ideas simple as that.

Here Here :eusa17:

Prime example of Shaun Wanes expertise. Taking Gildart off and putting an injured Sarginson back on because he thinks he's more experienced. I just wish he would actually grow a spine and do whats right by Wigan. I can guarantee my house Lockers, Joel, Crosby and ISA will be first on his team sheet next week but after that performance they wouldn't get a reserve game for me. Is this just me who thinks this or im I going insane? Does form count for anything these days or is it a case of who you know or how much dosh your on?
You've missed two players off that list Cherry, Mossop and Smith they are both bloody awful and have been for some time but they seem bullet proof!
Think you are being unkind there as I'm not sure Joel was on the pitch tonight.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I know that several players were coming back from injury but the worry for me last night was the fact that apart from Flower that side was as good as it is going to get this season. We will always be at least one player down through injury, Charnley after last night? but at least with the try he scored Sam showed some of the ability he showed when he first broke on the scene.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

That game came one out two weeks early for this team IMO. I didn't expect a win tonight against a Hull side obviously in seriously good form. If we stay free from injuries for a few weeks and still don't improve them I'll be worried, but I expect a team of the quality of our returning players should put a seriously good run together in the top 8s.

Slightly disappointed we couldn't kick in after out come back, but it's always unlikely that we will keep the momentum for a whole half, and or defence seemed very poor today. So I thought we'd get close but ultimately not quite do it, which did happen.

Good to see Sam kicking, because Smith and Williams attacking kicks are rubbish.

Finally, why have we trained a centre who didn't like to pass? Gildart really doesn't like to. Perhaps wanes told him not to give the ball to Charnley because he's off at the end of the season. In the past Charnley would be out of the side, but this year theres no one to replace him!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The selection policy makes no sense to me. Far better to start with Sam and if you want early impact, Clubb is the best in that respect.

Selections are very biased. Certain players waltz in to the team come what may, others struggle to get a look in. Far too many players can leave, cashin in and then re-sign as and when.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:I said at the start of the season that Hull would be in the top four this year. They've recruited well whereas we haven't, again!! ????

Their pack is awesome!

We have the smallest/lightest pack, make that team, in SL & probably the Championship too.

We may be fit but you need weight & brawn to tackle opposition players!

Well done FC, I never expected us to win tonight anyway so not too disappointed ????
Radford is a former player of Bradford Bulls at the time they were renowned for having a big pack.

Our problem apart from having a small pack in comparison with Hull FC and Warrington is that with the odd exception, we are not rough enough. The only time last night when we looked good was in the spell when Tautai was on the pitch and like Bateman prepared to get stuck in and mix it with their players.

Plus we do not have half backs like other clubs and especially no proper Stand Off.
SJ

Post by SJ »

mickw wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote: Void of ideas simple as that.

your not wrong, in his after match interview he actually said we're all about detail! JASUS that's exactly what's lacking every week.
I didn't understand what he meant by that remark. But I'm firmly of the belief that he's not the coach we need. Time he went!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
DaveO wrote: It's usually someone else who is childish enough to come out with a post like like that. Grow up.
Done my growing up Dave. I reckon its your turn now!
Well you could have fooled me with comments like that.
For a change I agree with DaveO that initial dig is a childish a post as you can make. People have a dig at CP but at least he will discuss the comment and not go personal at a poster regardless if you agree with him or not.