Wigan versus Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
loyalbelfast

Re: Wigan versus Castleford

Post by loyalbelfast »

A win at Cas , excellent, - 2nd in the league at present.. happy days..c'mon Wigan!

Smithy gets a well earned 8 out of 10 others, others fail to reach these dizzy heights but we dug in well, our try early 2nd half when they had a player sin-binned made such a difference

Our defence needs a bit of work on though, everytime Cas sniffed our line they looked like scoring, most times they did, remember they bombed two tries with the ball just being short

Gildart & Manfredi's tackling is a concern when a player is coming at them with any speed

We give away silly penalities every time we had Cas in their own 20 ..it got annoying at times

Would it be wrong for me to finish after this away win with saying still not sure about Isa ( what a silly offload with the scores the way they were near the end of the game ) , Mossop or J. Tomkins this season

A&L (just like BElfast!)
pedro

Post by pedro »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
superleague wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: You must have been some defender when you played SL!!
Yep a fantastic defender how did you know mate
Your only 4 posts all being about defending in a game like that, high standards I guess!!
to be fair it want high standards as gildarts defence was crap, missed about 5 tackles on the bounce and his positional play was poor also.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

loyalbelfast wrote:A win at Cas , excellent, - 2nd in the league at present.. happy days..c'mon Wigan!

Smithy gets a well earned 8 out of 10 others, others fail to reach these dizzy heights but we dug in well, our try early 2nd half when they had a player sin-binned made such a difference

Our defence needs a bit of work on though, everytime Cas sniffed our line they looked like scoring, most times they did, remember they bombed two tries with the ball just being short

Gildart & Manfredi's tackling is a concern when a player is coming at them with any speed

We give away silly penalities every time we had Cas in their own 20 ..it got annoying at times

Would it be wrong for me to finish after this away win with saying still not sure about Isa ( what a silly offload with the scores the way they were near the end of the game ) , Mossop or J. Tomkins this season

A&L (just like BElfast!)
Yes, so soon after a good away win

Leave such negativity to DaveO! :lol:
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

pedro wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
superleague wrote: Yep a fantastic defender how did you know mate
Your only 4 posts all being about defending in a game like that, high standards I guess!!
to be fair it want high standards as gildarts defence was crap, missed about 5 tackles on the bounce and his positional play was poor also.
Many on here thought we would get walloped by Cas and was happy taking a defeat if it meant we won the CC game!! I am all for high standards but after a performance like that with so many positives, to post only 4 posts all about poor defending isn't really just about high standards in my opinion!! Hey ho each to their own it is a forum after all!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
pedro

Post by pedro »

It could have cost us though if not from good defence by Sam again
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:Matty Smith well deserved MOM
Thought Moose took the ball up well tonight Meds against a very gritty Cas defence.
2 players not getting many plaudits, but both looked OK tonight, still not impressed with Joel Tomkins though.
Next match against Cas is the one that matters for me, I'd give tonight's win up forfor a win against Cas in the CC.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

No one is going to mention the white elephant in the room.

One of the best performances this season at a tough ground and no Lockers.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

thegimble wrote:No one is going to mention the white elephant in the room.

One of the best performances this season at a tough ground and no Lockers.
Lockers has not been at his best this season. We proved last season we could do the job without him but I'm sure he'll come back and do it for us when it matters
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:Matty Smith well deserved MOM
Thought Moose took the ball up well tonight Meds against a very gritty Cas defence.
2 players not getting many plaudits, but both looked OK tonight, still not impressed with Joel Tomkins though.
Next match against Cas is the one that matters for me, I'd give tonight's win up forfor a win against Cas in the CC.
Only noticed Mossop twice, J Tomkins wants binning, his none defensive attempt for their first try was disgusting
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

As an aside, in all the years I've been on here, this is the first time I have known every single match post to be contained on the one thread. Our 'resident expert' would normally commandeer a dozen separate threads for each individual thought.

I am enjoying this 'break'!