Hampshire

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Hampshire

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

judging by this he wont be back

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... -1-8059381

it makes me laugh because Wane says dismissively he hasnt even thought of Hampshire because hes being trying to get bodies back, thats sort of like saying i haven't thought about the medicine because ive been busy being sick.

Wane clearly does not rate him, im not sure i do, but on the wing he has shown he could be a useful player just maybe not in his preferred role
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It does not look good but no defnite either. If Wane bombs totally this season, it will be interesting to see what happens. I would boot him anyway BUT IMO, no GF win = EXIT
markill

Post by markill »

cpwigan wrote:It does not look good but no defnite either. If Wane bombs totally this season, it will be interesting to see what happens. I would boot him anyway BUT IMO, no GF win = EXIT
I think no GF appearance OR LLS = exit, but if we get there he will be safe.

Time will tell whether he has made the right call re. Hampshire, and I think at this stage it's completely conjecture as he's been forced to a position he would never think of to even get regular SL time, and that was by default due to injuries at Cas. I don't understand why we've such a long thread on something that's been fairly well covered/established.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Having read the article,coupled with the fact we literally dipping down into the youth team to make numbers up earlier in the season and still Wane didnt recall Hampshire the writing is on the wall for the lad if Wane stays,and he will of that im sure.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

fozzieskem wrote:Having read the article,coupled with the fact we literally dipping down into the youth team to make numbers up earlier in the season and still Wane didnt recall Hampshire the writing is on the wall for the lad if Wane stays,and he will of that im sure.
As it is a season's loan, Wane might not have been able to call him back.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

There was provision in it,expressly stated at the time that he could be recalled in the event of injuries to full back and the halves...Mr Williams as we know missed several games didn't he..no Hampshire..I just don't see a future for him with Wane at the helm.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

fozzieskem wrote:There was provision in it,expressly stated at the time that he could be recalled in the event of injuries to full back and the halves...Mr Williams as we know missed several games didn't he..no Hampshire..I just don't see a future for him with Wane at the helm.
I agree with you Fozzie. To be honest Hampshire could be fantastic for Cas and it would not matter one jot. If Wane like you, he selects you; if Wane doers not like you, he does not select you; FORM is largely immaterial. IMO IL/Rads pushed for the new contract primarily to protect the clubs IMMEDIATE financial interests. Whether, long term financial intertests have been hurt? Time will tell.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If Smith departs and our signings are complete for 2017 then Hampshire must return.

The number of injuries our halves and the rest of the team have endured this year has been very high.
Smith is our only ever present and if he goes then we are going to need all the cover we have including Hampshire.
To send him out on loan again or worse still allow to sign for another club would be irresponsible.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Ted IMO Hampshire should be in the 17 every week if only for his sheer versatility (I actually would give him a go at halfback to prove himself or fail) BUT IMO whilst Wane is at Wigan, Hampshire will never get a fair go. Maybe Hampshire's parents should be friendly with Mrs Wane or kiss Wane's ass.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

cpwigan wrote:Ted IMO Hampshire should be in the 17 every week if only for his sheer versatility (I actually would give him a go at halfback to prove himself or fail) BUT IMO whilst Wane is at Wigan, Hampshire will never get a fair go. Maybe Hampshire's parents should be friendly with Mrs Wane or kiss Wane's ass.
Hence the problem for me CP.His dad is adamant he is a halfback and play only there drilling this into the lad himself. Wane sees differently reason playing him full back and his loan to Cas. Because he wanted to play half back. We can all see how thats worked out to the extent Cas playing a centre there before Hampshire.So imo Wane not the only one to question his position. What does make me think is that he did not want to play out of his preffered position for Wigan but played all over the park for Cas.So there is something he is not happy with at Wigan this is where Wane could be the reason being at logger heads with his dad.Ido agree with you that Ryan should at least be given the chance with a good run in halfbacks with Williams to shine or fall on his sword.But as you say can't see that happenning under Wane. But to be fair he picks side not Hampshires family.

Just a note before I get how do you know.This is only my opinion.