Golovkin. v. Brook

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
cpwigan

Re: Golovkin. v. Brook

Post by cpwigan »

Eubank would be much easier and a destruction. Sure you can win rounds v GGG but it becomes a matter of time before he connects with a sledge hammer. Age or a Leonard v Hagler game plan will beat GGG but if you want to trade then it become a matter of when not if GGG will get you.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:He never actually knocked kell down though (although he would have) but he only really started catching him after kell couldn't see

I can only think of limiuex who has been a top 5 ranked fighter. I've no doubt that ggg has outrageous power and it would be a tricky fight but I don't think ggg has been in with a real talent yet, I think Eubank can do what kell can do but he's bigger and stronger

I said in another post the problem when one fighter can't hurt another is that fighter can just walk through them, I think Eubank hitting ggg with the shots kell did would make ggg think twice because I think kell shook him a coup,e of time not enough to worry him but enough to let him know he was there
Thanks WF, I understand what you are saying.
Golovkin reminds me a bit like Bateman, there's not alot to look at physically, but immensely strong for their build.
My favourite pound for pound was Marvin Hagler and I was gutted to see Leonard just run around a ring jabbing here and there, knowing hagler was past his best and much slower than him. That fight I'd like to have seen 3 years earlier, as a true reflection of them nearer their best.
I think few boxers will match GGG for power, or even manage to cope with the intensity, and think it will take a real good performance to de throne him. Not sure if Eubank possesses that yet.
ian b

Post by ian b »

Saunders is a better boxer than Eubank as he proved when he beat him. He has more skill. but I can not see either beating Golovkin
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think that Eubank has improved a lot since the Saunders fight and I think he would win a rematch. I think Eubank took that fight too early akin to a de gale and groves situation

I might be way of the mark but I saw a beatable fighter in ggg

I remember when nas was knocking everyone over and everyone said he was unbeatable but when he finally got in with the top top brass of the division and couldn't just blow through someone he came unstuck

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

This article sums it up well I think.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/37331950
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

yokozuna wrote:This article sums it up well I think.

That's pretty accurate IMO
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
yokozuna wrote:This article sums it up well I think.

That's pretty accurate IMO
Agreed!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
SJ

Post by SJ »

Nice one